PDA

View Full Version : NullCpuPowerManagment.Kext Causes slow boot! 10 Second difference!

x986123
09-26-2009, 07:07 PM
I have just discovered for myself, that when using nullcpupowermanagment.kext, It causes a slower boot time!

With: 26.4 Seconds
Without: 16.2 Seconds

WOW! About a 10 second Difference!

I also noticed my shutdown with OpenHaltRestart.kext is MUCH faster without it. With it I get the blue screen with spinning wheel, without, as soon as I shutdown, it powers off. 1 second.

I heard OHR.kext requires NullCPM.kext... But it actually works better on my i7 setup. (Temperatures are the same with it in and out.)

OG-Phantom
09-26-2009, 07:20 PM
I have just discovered for myself, that when using nullcpupowermanagment.kext, It causes a slower boot time!

With: 26.4 Seconds
Without: 16.2 Seconds

WOW! About a 10 second Difference!

I also noticed my shutdown with OpenHaltRestart.kext is MUCH faster without it. With it I get the blue screen with spinning wheel, without, as soon as I shutdown, it powers off. 1 second.

I heard OHR.kext requires NullCPM.kext... But it actually works better on my i7 setup. (Temperatures are the same with it in and out.)

I have noticed the same thing on my p45 system. Tho, without nullcpm my temps are noticeably higher. The i7 must deal with apple thermal management better than the older tech.

x986123
09-26-2009, 09:07 PM
I think it does work better, temperatures are the same, 29C no overclock and 36C @ 3.6ghz