PDA

View Full Version : Problems using lifehacker's SL method - chameleon resolution problem

mr plow
10-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi guys,
So here's the deal...I had the iPC version of 10.5.6 installed before I decided to make the leap to snow leopard. So for my fresh install of SL I decided to use the lifehackers no hacking method found here -> http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow-leopard-on-your-hackintosh-pc-no-hacking-required . I chose this method since I have this exact mobo and it seemed simple enough.

So I followed his method to the tee, booted off the USB drive, installed SL and upon reboot I am supposed to use the chameleon boot loader on the usb drive to boot my newly installed SL partition. The problem is as soon as chameleon starts up, its starting up in some crazy resolution that my monitor cant work with. Thing is, Ive tried 3 different monitors of varying sizes (17", 19", 22" - all lcd) and native resolutions, but none of them can display the boot loader.

So Ive read that you can change the boot.plist and add in things like GraphicsEnabler=No or force a specific resolution. But the thing is I don't have my 10.5.6 install anymore, so I don't really have a mac os to work with, other than the terminal in the SL installer.

I've tried modifying files from from the terminal from the SL installer, but there is no root user apparently (su doesn't seem to work) and the file system is read only so I cant make any changes.

My only other idea is to somehow get an image of a different version of chameleon, burn it to a dvd/cd in windows (vista) and then try to boot that dvd image and hopefully be able to select my fresh install of SL.

Does anyone else have any idea what I can do to at least get my install of SL to boot. Remember, I don't have access to a mac os anymore aside from whats offered in the SL installer.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

thorazine74
10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
You can try pressing TAB to switch Chameleon from graphical menu to text mode, it should work on any card and display.