PDA

View Full Version : Need to install 9500 GT drivers properly in Snow Leopard

Siro
10-05-2009, 05:41 AM
I have been using Snow Leopard for the best part of 3 weeks and in sheer frustration of not being able to get my vga card working I used EFI Studio and installed the 8600 GT 512 mb card boot plist and got everything working. But with it at times I face graphics tearing and artifacts so I wonder how do I go about re-installing the driver for my evga 9500 GT 512 MB card? Step by step instructions will be highly welcomed.

dashboard
10-05-2009, 06:04 AM
There are no actual instructions on how to *install* EFI strings, because actually it's just a piece of code that a utility generates for you and puts it into the Boot.plist file.

Altho, if you are using Chameleon, the string needs to be in *it's* Boot.plist (located in /Extra), not in stock Apple's (located in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration).

OG-Phantom
10-05-2009, 07:09 AM
I have been using Snow Leopard for the best part of 3 weeks and in sheer frustration of not being able to get my vga card working I used EFI Studio and installed the 8600 GT 512 mb card boot plist and got everything working. But with it at times I face graphics tearing and artifacts so I wonder how do I go about re-installing the driver for my evga 9500 GT 512 MB card? Step by step instructions will be highly welcomed.

Grab PC EFI 10.3 and use the graphicsenabler function. No EFI strings required. There are threads on here about it.