PDA

View Full Version : OSX86 install from USB on ASUS 1005ha won't work

merickson45
10-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone I am in need of some serious help here...

I recently bought an asus 1005ha to try out osx86. I found a good tutorial here (http://maceee.blogspot.com/2009/08/installing-mac-osx-on-asus-eeepc-1005ha.html) and another here (http://jpmcgarrity.com/blog/index.php/2009/08/asus-1005ha-hackintosh/) which i have tried to follow. I am sure i'd be able to but I just can't get the darn thing to boot up.

Basically I have tried many different options (iAtkos, iDeneb, etc.), each time using leopard hd install helper to put them on a USB stick to boot up. when I try that, it gives me a "hfs+ partition error" on startup if I boot from usb stick. The furthest I have gotten was installing chameleon 2 rc1 to my c drive, using leopard hd install helper to load the iso onto a flash drive, and selecting it by booting into chameleon and selecting it in there. That way it installs, but then when I try to boot it gets stuck on a command line about buffers and IO.

Anyways, I was wondering if there is any way to get any osx86 distro to install from a usb flash drive on the asus 1005ha. I have seen and tried many tutorials (example (http://myhpmini.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1633&start=0)) but they just don't seem to work...

thanks!

specs:
asus 1005ha
atom n280 processor
intel gma 950 graphics
hitachi 160GB hard drive

igroki
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I have same problem on my 1005h (n280)

I have 5 partitions.
1) default 4gb for windows restore
2) system partition
3) for windws xp partition 70gb
4) partition for windows 7 40gb
5) partition created under windows 7 30gb for mac os

--------
I'm try to make usb bootable iatkov v7 and IPC 10.5.6 with no results.
Under Mac OS, formated my 2 usb flash (4, 8gb) in GUID and MBR.
After that restored mac os image on it.
Installed from osx86tools PC_EFI 8.
On flash with GUID i have error whn loading like:
boot0 : GPK
boot0: checking
boot0: done
boot0: HFS+ partition error

On flash with MBR , have loading osx86 ... and after 3 seconds laptop restart.

After PC_EFI 9 installation on GUID usb i have same problem.. after 3 second laptop restarts.

From windows XP:
formated usb flash under windows xp ... windows 7... hp usb tools, FAT32
Loaded ISO filewith leopard hd installer helper v0.3
When loading from usb nothing happens.

Tried external HDD(160gb), deleted partition under windows 7... created one 20gb primary... formated fat32... used leopard helper... nothing...

Updated bios to 1102 same,...

igroki
11-16-2009, 07:41 PM
ehuuu...
I has installed on 1005h Mac OS) now trying to boot:)

I has used ideneb 1.4 ...iatkos IPCS not working...
I formated usb 8gb GUID partition... then restore... and select iDeneb 1.4 dvd(dmg)
after complete... running osx86tools and installed on usb PC_EFI8... (boot still not worked HFS+ error) Installed on flash PCI_EFI 9 .. find in internet bootable.zip ...

igroki
11-18-2009, 01:16 PM
ok finally... can load iDeneb 1.4 after install so I decided install Leopard snow 10.6
And installation is sucesfull !!!!

read tutorial there

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181916&st=0

I've installed SL on my Asus 1005HA-P from a blank hard drive. I had Windows 7 on there and wiped it completely after booting from a 10.6 SD card. I've got a 10.6.1 MacBook that I'm doing most stuff from.

Here's what I did:
1) Put Retail copy of SL DVD into MacBook & mounted 8GB SD card.
2) ran Disk Utility from MacBook and restored SL DVD onto SD card - I reformated the SD card to HFS+ and GUID i think. In the end the SD card acted just like it was a DVD.
3) Ran NetbookBootMaker to patch the SD card.
4) put SD card into Asus, and turned on computer, tapped ESC once Asus BIOS screen appeared, then got the menu to choose where to boot from, and I chose the SD card. I didn't mess with any settings in the BIOS, like hyperthreading or Asus Speed Boost or whatever it's called.
5) Next screen I saw the Chameleon boot loader screen, I hit any button and then chose "Mac OS X DVD" (can't remember exactly what it's called. Gray Apple screen appears and then Mac OS X language select screen appears.
6) I had to run Disk Utility since my harddrive was still in MBR and I didn't understand at first how to replace OSInstall.mpkg into the OS X SD card - now I know that I needed to Show Hidden Files in order to see the folder for that. So...I just erased my hard drives (to hell with Windows, I backed up everything first anyway) and repartitioned as HFS+ and GUID.
7) First couple of install attempt hung right in the last 9-10 minutes. Rebooted to Installer. Went to Utilities>NetbookInstaller and installed Chameleon RC3 and General Extensions. after that worked its stuff, I quit that app then ran Mac OS X Installer. I deselected Languages and Printer as per Imperiopolis's instructions and continued with Installation.
8) when to eat dinner.
9) Came back to see a screen that "Install Failed" and it prompted me to Restart, which I did.
10) The Asus rebooted but lo and behold I was greeted with the welcome screen movie, with no sound. I went through the process to create an account. Desktop then loaded - WORKING SNOW LEOPARD, kinda.
11) Put Imperiopolis's Extra folder on USB drive and put onto Desktop of Asus. Ran Terminal command to show Hidden files. went to HDD/Extras on Asus and just selected all files from Imperiopolis's Extra folder and drag-n-dropped to replace all after authenticating..
12) Ran Repair Disk Permissions, just to be save. I think either Disk Utility method or Terminal "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" work/do the same thing.
13) Reboot. Now, sound is working, battery meter is working I believe. Sleep does work. Restart does as well.

The Trackpad system preference is not in the usual place as it is on a standard Mac - it's under "Other" at the bottom and two-finger scroll works as does tap to click.
-----