PDA

View Full Version : Boot fail, installing Snow Leo on Gigabyte EX58 UD4P

fvs
10-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi,

Im trying to install Snow Leo on my PC using this (http://buildahackintosh.com/2009/09/13/guest-guide-snow-leopard-core-i7-hackintosh/) guide. Its a specific guide for my motherboard, the gigabyte ex58 ud4p.

When im done installing Snow Leo on my new partition, and booting for the first time but im still enable to get in to Snow Leo.

The first time i booted i got a kernel panic in AppleIntelCPUpowermanagement, so i deleted the kext file and tried it again.

During the next boot, i notice the 3rd line about the kext file i just deleted, and the screen freezes afther the last line.
Waiting for DSMOS...
** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed out
AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0x2c408086 Number of packages = x (dunno the exact number) Number of cpus = 8

So, i thought, lets delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. After deletion i reboot the system, but now the system freezes 1 line earlier.
Waiting for DSMOS...
** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed out

Any idea's about whats going wrong?

EDIT:

I installed fakesmsc.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and got a little further with booting, however, it ends with a big grey/black bricked freeze screen.

Something wrong with my videocard? Im using a Ati HD4850 512MB PCI-E