PDA

View Full Version : Kalyway AMD install help needed

Maggot
10-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Hey guys so this is my first post I'm running a HP DV6529em laptop. Its running Windows 7 on it's internal hdd.

I am trying to get kalyway working I have so far got it installed on a USB pendrive that, I couldnt install it on my internal hdd as none of the distors would recognise it.

Anyway I have kalyway installed and its pretty useless unless I boot lwith these parameters -x -v -s -f cpus=1

after a 30 seconds or so I get this and I now need help.

root device is mounted read-only

if you want to make modifactions to files:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

if you wish to boot the system:

exit

:/root#

what am i surpose to do here ??? please help

Maggot
10-21-2009, 08:11 PM
picture of what I see

Imkantus
10-21-2009, 09:10 PM
You've bootet into the non-graphical single user modus (-s parameter) and now you're up and running with Darwin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_(operating_system)).

How do we know what you want to do from on here ... ?

Maggot
10-21-2009, 09:19 PM
well i want to see the mac desktop and get everything working. darwin is working you say well thats magic but how do I get it to work as an apple os what should I do

Imkantus
10-21-2009, 09:45 PM
well i want to see the mac desktop and get everything working. darwin is working you say well thats magic but how do I get it to work as an apple os what should I do
If it doesn't boot up properly, you should try to boot up with just -v parameter, which means verbose mode, so you see all the system messages within boot-up.

The more you need to provide detailed infos about you're hardware if you like to receive help on this.

Maggot
10-21-2009, 09:50 PM
ok cool thats good yes I do need help

amd 64bit cpu
1 gig ram
broadcom wireless
120gig hdd
nvidia gforce 7150mgfx card
win 7

anything else ???

after trying the -v this is what I get

Maggot
10-21-2009, 09:51 PM
picture enclosed :)

Imkantus
10-21-2009, 10:04 PM
anything else ???Well the most important component is missing: your mainboard. If it's a mobile computer the used Chipset & things like that.
Best info about your components is allmost the output lspci command - but I see you are not able to handle Unix / Linux related systems...

Regarding to your error I just found this topic on an other OSx86 board:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t82413.html

As it says something about network, the error might be different when booting up in safemode (-x) which doesn't load network extensions.
But I think trying around with this is a waste of time. Kalyway is a quite outdated prepatched OS X distribution, which has a lack of support for a lot hardware. I recommend you to get one more up to date one, like iAtkos v7 or iPC OSx86 - maybe one of those will also support your Southbridge, so that you can install to your HD, but I can't make a statement on that without usefull HW info.

Maggot
10-21-2009, 10:21 PM
:-d ok there are the details of my laptop hope that helps

thank you very much for your help so far

Imkantus
10-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Well with your nForce 630M chipset, it should be no problem to make a HD installation with one of the two OSx86 distributions, I mentioned above. Also Broadcom wireless card sounds good so far, though your system report doesn't mention which one you've got.

So I would definetly give one of them a try. :)

Maggot
10-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks very much I'm downloading the iPC one now so I will give that a go tomorrow. going to shoot off to bed now thanks for the help hopefully the new distro will sort it out for me i will post back tomorrow.

thanks again

goamania
10-23-2009, 01:02 AM
Hi guys i have Kalways 10.5.2 and after boot i have this error:
"firewire guid fffffffffffffff is invalid"
Can any1 help me with this error?

Dies
10-24-2009, 02:52 AM
picture enclosed :)

It looks like maybe you've selected too many drivers?

If this is the first time you are installing OS X on this machine, you should read carefully and select only those drivers/kexts that you know for sure you need, then fix stuff little by little.

Keep track of what you did to get everything to work. Then trash that install and do a fresh install with the experience you gained.