PDA

View Full Version : KP on AMD Dual Core

HardRom
10-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Hello;

Please see my sig for system specs. I installed SL to a usb drive (320G ide), after first attempting (several times) to install to a 80G sata. Installer doesnt fail, but I got kp after reboot.

The issues Im having:
I think I may be having issues with my drives not being recognized properly... but if I use the SuperNForceAta, I get "FEDE genero 32 IOVMSegments" (I think) It scrolls by really fast. Apparently, this is due to the kext not being a true 64bit.

Additional info: Using test7 as a kernel, dsdt is patched (thanks SaCleo!!)

"-v Cpus=1" gives me the same kp.
If there's any more information you need, feel free to ask! :)

spalek83
10-24-2009, 10:30 PM
boot with -arch=i386 or x32 or whatever for your bootloader

make sure you boot in 32 bit, there is no working/solid kernel for 64 on amd. though if you manage to get the qoopz kernel working in 64 bit, please lemme know

scififan68
10-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Delete /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and boot with -f and it should now boot.

HardRom
10-24-2009, 11:07 PM
spalek83- Attached screenie for new kp

scififan68- HOLY CRAP! That worked! Thanks!!

edit: So much work to do... Only my usb drive is detected, I have sound, but no lan. Clicking Lan Properties in system profiler froze my system...

Either way; I have Leo 10.5.8 and SL 10.6.0 running! Thanks guys!
Now to see if I can find a compatible kext for nvidia mcp 500 chipsets....

HardRom
10-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Another quick one; Imaging the SL disk and restoring it to my sata should work, shouldn't it?
(The USB ide drive is Really slow)

edit: Uh... no. No luck restoring.

"panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2a6ac2): Kernel trap at 0x00508684, type 14=page fault, registers:"...

"BSD process name corresponding to " ... cant see the rest due to giant multilang "No Boot" symbol

spalek83
10-25-2009, 12:13 AM
btw, you can update to 10.6.1 without doing anything special, as the patch has no kernel included (it worked for me no issues or prep)

HardRom
10-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Thats very good news... unfortunately Im back at square 0. I just cant get it to boot on my sata drive... currently with appleintelcpumanagement removed, I have the lovely still waiting error

spalek83
10-25-2009, 12:52 AM
are you using a kext for sata support?

also, I get weird issues if I rebuild extensions.mkext
so i delete them and boot works fine, though I want to get that issue resolved as extensions.mkext in /system/library and /extra/extensions supposidly make boot up faster

I included as an attachment few of the kexts that helped me get amd snow off the gound. you could try them and see if they help. I use a smbios and dsdt as well, but its for my system specifically so yo might need to make one yourself. I forget what guide I used to make it, if you like I can search through my bookmarks for it

also included a snow leopard version of dsdt patcher and kext utility, incase they help

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is the disabler for the cpupower one that guy told you to delete. I didn't delete mine, as I use this kext for that purpose. You could try putting that one back, and this into /Extra/Extensions

fakesmc.kext is used instead of dsmos, you need it if you don't allready
VoodooPower.kext is from leopard but I used it just incase, not sure if it helps
OpenHaltRestart.kext is needed
Disabler.kext is needed
AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler.kext is for amd/nvidia mouse issues, you might skip it unless you get mouse in itunes and whatnot

these are all in my /Extra/Extensions folder, with the SMBios.plist as well.
THen I have dsdt.aml in /

also, are you using a custom made dsdt? If not, make one in leopard and put it into the snow root directory, assuming you have chameleon rc3 or better with dsdt support

these are two of the guides that helped me, I jumped around between like 20, so I can share more if you like, though you might get lost like I did for several days

http://www.teknojunkie.com/2009/09/how-to-snow-leopard-on-pc-amd/
http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/amd-snow-leopard-10a432-install-t3727/

HardRom
10-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Got it thanks to Seaghost (skype). I needed the AppleNForceAta installed. Im currently looking at the before you begin page! Thanks for the assistance, all! Much appreciated.

Hey, spalek! I appreciate you taking the time to come back and try again with my setup. I love the members here, so much more helpful than that *crazy* forum. :)
(http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=19616)

spalek83
10-25-2009, 01:01 AM
there is a supernforceata out, snow 64 support.. is that what you are using?

HardRom
10-25-2009, 01:21 AM
No, that Super is glitched. Ive read in numerous places that its not a 64 bit (true) kext.

The issue I got while I had it installed was:

FEDE genero 32 IOVMSegments

(I think; ) it was hard to see as it was scrolling past the screen rapidly in a seemingly endless loop (I waited 30 mins). That 32 in there is what I think drew people to the conclusion about it not being 64 bit.

The one Im using is http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77071 here.

HardRom
10-25-2009, 06:08 PM
W00T! Got QE/CI working, monitor to shut off via hotcorners, and the screen saver to quit crashing the system! It even detected my monitor type (Kristel 19)! All I needed was to get my card stats from EFI studio and post into smbios plist. I thought I had done this already but I reinstalled probably 6 or more times yesterday.

So; for anyone who has my system specs and is trying to install SL, heres your fixes:

Follow SaCleoCheaters Guide
http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-install-snow-leopard-on-a-pc-t3137/

Before you reboot for the first time, while still in Leo; some additionals:
Make sure you insert the hex value for your video card into the com.apple.boot.plist

Delete /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
(You should have already copied NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in there)

Copy the AppleNForceAta.kext from the attachment to your extensions (Snow Drive), if you need Sata support.
*I do not recommend using the SuperAppleNForceAta floating around- it didnt work for me, and others.

If you have the same MB as me, then you will need to copy nForceLan2.kext from the attachment to your extensions- this allows the onboard Lan to work.

Now that all that's done, type the following into terminal- *Change /Snow/ to be whatever you named your snow leopard drive*:
sudo -s
(enter your password)
chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions
Reboot

Guess what? You should now have a working SL!! Sweet!

My only remaining issue is that Snow isnt listed under Chameleon Rc3, I have to select it. Only my iHack drive shows up until I press -> key.

I honestly couldnt have done it without the following people:
SaCleoCheater Nikola M (SeaGhost) scififan68
Thanks guys!

anoine
11-02-2009, 01:34 PM
So many thanks ! That's work for me :D

HardRom
11-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Hopefully this will help others, too. :)
Im still loving my SL.

spalek83
11-02-2009, 11:03 PM
whats the deal with nforcelan2?
how is that different
?

HardRom
11-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Youd have to recompile it to be sure, but there is something different about it... I dont know. All I know is that the first nforce LAN didn't work for me, but that one did -which I found on an alternate site (cant remember which, now); thus the attachment.