PDA

View Full Version : Dualbooting Win7 and SL

Giuly
10-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi,
I have now SL running. I installed it on a HDD (MBR-Partitioned) where Win7 is installed. When I try to boot Win7 now, I get Error 0xc000000a (Error while Startchoose, Access on an neccessary device not possible).

only thing I did is installing chameleon, before that, it worked.

Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Regards

thorazine74
10-25-2009, 06:52 PM
How did you install chameleon? If you overwrote the mbr you would have to repair 7 boot to work, but you would lose chameleon I think.
Maybe you should post your disk layout.

spalek83
10-25-2009, 08:31 PM
ok here is exactly what you need to do.

You need your windows 7 bootable dvd. We are going to be using diskpart which is a tool included on the dvd's repair tools to set the windows partition as active, then while leaving the diskpart open in command prompt, we are going to run startup repair, and without restarting the computer we go back to diskpart and set the osx partition with chameleon bootloader back to the active drive (active means the partition that is booted when you turn on your computer. If you accidentally restart the computer after startup repair, just load it up again, go back into diskpart reselect the disk and partition of osx and set it to active then reboot.

I included pictures of the first few steps. Boot from the win 7 dvd. Go through the menu options till you can hit [Repair your computer] on the same screen as [Install now] near the bottom. It will give you an System Recovery Tools. Hit "Use recovery tools that can help fix..." You can also select the other option and hit cancel, which brings you to the same place.

Open command prompt first and use diskpart to select your hard drive, select the partition with windows 7 then set it for active. For me, snow osx is on partition 2 and windows 7 is on partition 3, so I would do the following. THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT PARTITIONS FOR YOU, most likely. If you need help figuring out, while in diskpart do "list disk" or "list partition" to show you what is there.
[Command Prompt]
diskpart
select disk 0
select partition 3
active
"""""RUN STARTUP REPAIR, then go back to the command promt with diskpart"""""
select partition 1
active
reboot

you can also set the active partition with an osx/linux disk but you need the windows 7 dvd for startup repair

I do this on one hard drive with 4 partitions.