PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard Help!! Gray Screen

TaLaCaTTack
10-27-2009, 06:39 AM
I finished installing snow leopard using the guide i found here. I put all my kexts from iatkos v7 into snow leopard and booted into snow leopard and now it gives me a gray screen. When i boot it in safe mode it also has a gray screen but it shows the welcome screen and i go and put all my information and setup including the part where it can't recognize my keyboard. After i finish it says can not recognize my keyboard and i have to go through the setup again and again. the setup loops and i can't get past it. I have a logitech g15 keyboard rev2 if that matters. Is their any fix for this? Thanks

punk_zappa
10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Do not use any kext from Leopard. Simply use the suggested kexts from all the guides and put them in the /extra folder. That's it. You can add kexts and fix any issues you may have after booting to SL.

Taisto
10-28-2009, 06:03 PM
There is a guide on how to get past the setup-assistant loop. Try booting with graphics mode 800x600 flag, or unplug any ethernet cables from Your computer. If this won't help, search for the guide - there are few other options listed.

TaLaCaTTack
10-28-2009, 11:40 PM
ok now heres the thing. I reinstalled everything and it all worked. Including my sound and video. The only thing that doesn't work is my DVD drive. It's a Liteon LH-20A1L. If you guys can help me i would greatly appreciate it. Also my wireless card (linksys wmp54gs rev1.1) has a trouble remembering wep passwords. Thanks