PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo X60 sleep and GMA weirdness

keliaxx
11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
I am looking for some assistance tracking down the only two remaining issues with my X60. I'm running vanilla 10.6.1 and there are two problems that still have me stumped.

Problem 1 - The X60 sleeps just fine, but refuses to come back from any form of sleep. It starts to come back to life, but the sleep LED remains illuminated and the machine hangs. Hard reset is required. I don't need to be spoonfed an answer, but how would I really get into toubleshooting this? Any common causes for this behavior?

Problem 2 - Any bootloader newer that Chameleon 2.0rc (v.640) results in booting to a white screen. The machine completes the bootup and I can ssh into it, but the GMA950 driver is not so happy. I'm using the vanilla Apple GMA drivers. Any ideas on where to start looking for this gremlin? I'm using the arch=i386 / -x32 boot flags as appropriate to make sure I'm not hitting a 64 bit kernel with no 64 bit GMA drivers, but no luck with PC EFI 10.5.

Any help with these issues or setup info that someone with a fully functional X60 could share would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to stay as close to stock as possible.

Thanks.