PDA

View Full Version : how to install SL 10.6 on Intel 945 GCNL

st_7
11-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Hello to all,
I am relatively new to Mac OS(hackintosh) the only experience I have is installing Iatkos v7 10.5.7 & using from one month back onwards after directly updating it to 10.5.8 from apple. Thanks to Iatkos I had no major problems with my hackintosh expect with 'sleep'(when i select sleep option i can hear the sound of hard disks shutting down but display still remains & when i try to access the system it hangs, the sleep is not like in windows where the system almost completely shuts off) and with 'time' the windows & leopard keep on changing the time(if i boot into windows & leopard alternatively the time is changing or showing wrong) i followed some suggestions from this post: http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/win-7-and-osx-keep-changing-the-damn-t4551/ but no effect. For my Iatkos v7 installation I used the i used the following customize options:

Boot Loader -> Chamelon v2,
X86 Patches -> Extra Directory,
Decrypters -> Apple Decrypt
Disabler
OHR
Remove TYMLE
Drivers ->VGA ->Intel -> GMA950 ->GMA 950 Desktop,
System -> Intel SATA/IDE
System -> Intel Speedstep -> Speedstep Driver -> Throttling Control
Drivers -> USB
Sound -> Voodoo HDA driver
PS/2 Mouse / Keyboard -> Apple Ps/2 driver
Network -> Wired -> Realtek -> Realtek R1000
NTFS - 3G
As I said I haven't had any major problem with the installation using above options.
Now why I am saying all this is that I want ur guidelines to install SL 10.6 retail on my PC with the following specs : Intel Core2duo 2.0 GHz E4400, 1.5 GB DDR2 Ram, Intel 945 GCNL MotherBoard with GMA 950 Integrated Graphics & ICH7, Western Digital 160GB SATA HDD & Seagate 160GB SATA HDD, Onboard Lan of Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20) and Onboard High Definition Audio of Realtek family with ALC888 codec.

I have googled out for guides on installing SL 10.6 & found some decent ones, one of them is http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-install-snow-leopard-on-a-pc-t3137/. But what i can't figure out is that kexts and other things like smbios, plist, dsdt patching(not that what they are but where to find them that fit to my mother board) and so on. I also found little bit confusing on why in any one of those guides there is no mentioning of things like Decrypters, Disabler & OHR which I used to install iatkos v7. Is there no need of those in retail installation or is any other reason for not mentioning them in those guides and things like DSDT patching, Fakesmc are mentioned in these guides which I did not use in my Iatkos v7 installation.
And if any body has experience in successfully installing SL 10.6 on Intel 945 GCNL Mobo or knows any guide that Intel 945 GCNL board specific, then please help me with that.

st_7
11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Please guys some suggestions, waiting for your suggestions

arsenal101689
11-14-2009, 06:46 PM
can I install snow leopard on this laptop pc I have the retail DVD already and what do I use for the bootloader so I can boot from the CD?:)