PDA

View Full Version : Weird network issue after reboot

OzSpeedway
11-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Howdy

Was over at my Dad's today and changed the com.apple.boot.plist file. Executed a shutdown and reboot but once the machine came up, the network didn't work.

I have the identical motherboard so I checked everything against mine and it all looks fine - in System Profiler all looks good and the IORegistryExplorer the network is showing up.

However, I cannot get outside of the machine, for example to the router. There seems to be no sane reason why it shouldn't work - firewall is turned off and nothing else is blocking it.

Any suggestions as to where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

For reference, the mobo is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3L running Snow 10.6.1

Cheers
Bruce

spalek83
11-09-2009, 01:05 AM
Did you make a custom dsdt for both computers, or just copy one to the other? (cause that won't work, they need to be made individually)

OzSpeedway
11-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Yup, when I built his machine I made a custom DSDT however that has nothing (that I can figure) to do with this problem. The *only* thing I did was to replace his com.apple.boot.plist with mine in an attempt to get his machine into 32bit mode instead of 64bit mode, and rebooted his machine after doing so. It didn't work BTW. No other changes were made. Oh, and yes, internet does work as his VOIP is still working fine.

I am taking my machine over to his place tomorrow to see if I can diagnose something that way however if both are showing that the network is there yet only one of them is working I will still be at a loss.....