PDA

View Full Version : My pc keep restarting when installing

stlony
11-12-2009, 11:30 AM
hello,
i have a problem when installing universal mac os x 10.6 on my pc after the startup menu the pc is restarted even if i typed -v it reatch to start darwin kernal then restart it never get to the diagnostic screen any idea ??
my pc is msi 915 MB processor 3.00 GHz nvidia 7300 2 giga ram

stlony
11-13-2009, 07:58 AM
up________________________________________

spalek83
11-13-2009, 08:49 AM
what custom kexts
kernel
how did you install
what bootloader
anything else that is relevant

?

stlony
11-13-2009, 03:15 PM
sorry i don't know
i installed befor the 10.5 and it done ok without any problem
but know i am trying to install this one but i found this problem so how can i pass this problem as i don't know what you asking about so please help me to pass this
how can i know the kernal and the bootloader
how can i install this version in a right way ??

Bansaku
11-27-2009, 12:20 AM
I am assuming you are talking about installing OSX 10.6 SL from a 10.5.x install yes? I too had this (non) problem. After the computer reboots, let it load into 10.5.8 as normal. You will notice on the HD you wanted to install SL on there is a folder called Mac OS X Install Data. Drag the included OSInstall.mpkg (at the end of the post) into that folder, double click to open the file and OS X SL install should commence. Follow the instructions (like any installer) and you're golden. All that remains is installing the bootloader (Chameleon or PCEFI 10.x), any additional kexts into /extra/extensions, and of course the modified Mach_Kernel.