PDA

View Full Version : This site is getting quieter is this good?

Ianxxx
02-23-2008, 09:03 PM
I noticed the bombardment of posts has gone down and just wondered does this mean a lot of people are successfully using there new Hacks?
Or are people still struggling like mad?
Again just like to add that for me there was one or two hickups but as far as I'm concerned Zephs new DVD is the best I've used by far and I seem to have an almost perfect working system.
The few glitches I have I think are more likely apple glitches than anything to do with my hardware.
How are people fairing?

zephyroth
02-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah that's what I was wondered ... The rush seems to be finished.
Good news ? Bad news ?

Ianxxx
02-23-2008, 10:05 PM
zephyroth:Yeah that's what I was wondered ... The rush seems to be finished.
Good news ? Bad news ?
I'm pretty sure it's good, lol

monsieur.d
02-23-2008, 10:57 PM
My system is running so smoothly that it's not even funny anymore :-(

Thanks for the great DVD, Zephyroth. Unfortunately, I'll be replacing my AMD machine with an Intel one... But I'll keep the AMD in my office.

Let's wait for the next update from Apple, then the rush will be on again!!!

lag0matic
02-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Its quiet on my end because I gave up. :(

10.5.1 - Ran ok, detected hard drive as wrong size (no big deal) couldnt burn CD/DVD (sata DVD drive).

10.5.2 - Eddie11c update, ran OK, lost performance in 3d applications (20% drop in FPS in world of warcraft).

10.5.2- Zephyroth image -- "Still waiting on root device" (MeDevil's newest system dosent support SATA dvd drives on an Nforce560 chipset, I tried patching to it manually on a 10.5.1 install and it would no longer recgonize the DVD rom drive).

So, untill MeDevil fixes the issues, I cant even install 10.5.2, I dont feel like rolling back to 10.5.1 ..

Back to playing PS3 :D

cgsheen
02-24-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm sure you all realize from reading the posts that many have seen the "you CAN run OS X 10.5.x on your AMD Computer!" and grabbed it quickly. Many of them aren't "enthusiasts" - they're not really interested if it doesn't work right out of the box. Some of those come and ask questions, but they still don't seem to want to learn (or read) anything to get it going, they just want someone else to tell them quickly (and easily) HOW to "make theirs work"...

I think it's a minority of people that "hang in there", learn, read, and ask the right questions.

Then too: there's a bunch of AMD hardware out there that may never be able to run OS X properly... People need to understand that too.

crawle
02-24-2008, 02:05 AM
monsieur.d:My system is running so smoothly that it's not even funny anymore :-(

I think so, too ;-) My system works so perfect... Adobe CS3 Software working great, Office 08, iLife 08 - everything's like I ever dreamed of. Although I'm going to buy a MacBook (Pro) in the next year, but my little Hackky (his name is "Steve", no idea how I came to this name ;-) ) wont die.

THANKS WORLD FOR BEING! Thanks Zeph for this Version. Thanks Apple - I love you all ;-)

P.s.: No, I'm not crazy! Ehm.. I think so ... :-}

new2osx86
02-24-2008, 02:26 AM
zephyroth:Yeah that's what I was wondered ... The rush seems to be finished.
Good news ? Bad news ?

I agree, it quite now!!!
Good news for successful install
Bad news for those still got no luck like me hehehe
Move on in other project Zeph, puttabong, ... to keep site alive!

Taisto
02-24-2008, 04:10 AM
good news - Leopard is running much better with less problems
bad news - some problems are still not solved, and ppl are sick to ask for help again and again and do not receive it cause noone knows the solution...

i guess it`s mix of those two up here ^ ;)

WinLinMac01
02-28-2008, 01:24 AM
I can't stop seeing that I have Mac system, a dream come true for me. Interestingly enough, Zephyroth's release has been a successful one for me thus far. Just minor hiccups in the beginning as one user has stated, but now that they are resolved, I am feeling relaxed and quite refreshed after leaving Windows Vista (Load-of-crap) and Linux (buggy).

I am planning to purchase a Macbook Pro in the coming months especially when the latest Intel processors just came out.
I can't believe that I am actually purchasing Mac software for my system, i.e. Office 2008, iLife '08. I can't believe that this system has evolved into a beautiful Mac. As Jobs always say, Simplicity-Elegance, and Safety counts.

I also installed Mcafee Antivirus, which was pointless, but hey, what-the-heck (eval). =)