PDA

View Full Version : How to install kextes for ATI 4650 1GB on SL

rebel6
11-14-2009, 02:40 PM
hi i have the ati 4650 and i dont know how to install the kextes properly can sombody help me ?
thanks!

kj.web
11-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Kexthelper?

rebel6
11-15-2009, 02:24 AM
yes but i read it that i have to use an another boot file i to switch the graphicenabler on but after i do that i get a kernel panic
any ideas?

zackdawley
11-15-2009, 05:13 AM
do you have a kext for the 4650? I need it

rebel6
11-15-2009, 03:39 PM
here http://www.mediafire.com/?im3m2ddmwkg

rebel6
11-16-2009, 12:26 AM
i do the following things:
i install the 46x00 kextes with kext helper than i change the boot file withe the beta boot file and restart
after that i loged in and put my graphic card device id on the ati2000.kext and install it with kext helper
after that i reboot but when i log in i get a black screen with white points
i use an old CRT monitor with vga and i also but a dvi to vga dongle in the dvi port

any ideas what i do wrong or is the monitor to old
pleas help me somebody im a little bit depressed about this things
lol

MonkeyDLuffy
11-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Not all Ati 4650 video card works on Snow. I have an Asus EAH4650 1gb ddr2 (low profile) and it just doesn't work. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it unless someone made a patched driver to make it work. I was informed that 46xx drivers would work natively on Snow, so I went ahead and purchased one. To my surprise, not all cards work .. some do.

I've gathered some info and so far, Sapphire branded 4650 only works. However, this is NOT certain. Only 2 of reported so far. I'm not 100% sure that all SAPPHIRE cards will work.

By the way, did you modify and added own your dev id's in both ati2000.kext and ATI4600Controller.kext (from vanilla 10.6.2 ati drivers, not beta)? If you will not add it, it will not work. Also, you have to copy the boot file that netkas made, you should copy it on /.

After thank make sure that you have GraphicsEnabler enabled or in "y" in boot.plist.

If after doing that and you still have black screen .. were on the same boat and lets be sad until someone fixes this. I'm not even sure if it will be fixed.

We we're suspecting that the ATISupport.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext is causing this issue.

While in Black Screen, I used VNC to remote access my osx and found out that all kext are loaded but it does not detect the monitor. So the problem looks like a port detection problem. Netkas suggested to use DVI > DVI only (without dongle adapters) and he also suggested to replug after boot - still no joy. Just to let you know, I also tried DVI to VGA / DVI > VGA dongle > VGA > VGA > HDMI to HDMI .. all scenarios are nogo.

Also, what is the exact model of your card. I'm planning to replace my asus with a different brand.

Cheers.

rebel6
11-16-2009, 02:59 PM
i have the ATI Radeon HD 4650 (RV730) with 1GB RAM
and my device id is 0x9498

by the way thanks for your post MonkeyDLuffy

and is this right for the boot plist:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>
</dict>
</plist>

MonkeyDLuffy
11-16-2009, 03:32 PM
That looks good. Have you tried remote accessing your computer thru VNC? However, it looks like were on the same boat :(

We have the same ids by the way but what is the model brand of your 4650 1gb? Who is the manufacturer?

Thanks

rebel6
11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
sapphire if you mean that and by the way did you think we have a chance to get this graphic card working

MonkeyDLuffy
11-17-2009, 03:02 AM
You got Sapphire? I guess I thought that Sapphire cards work. I guess I'm not right again. Anyway, I think we have chance because some people with Desktop version 46xx cards made it work. But sometimes I think we don't have a chance because it displays the same symptoms of an Mobility problems. As you know, mobility drivers are a pain since Leopard. Until now, there are no final solutions for HD mobility (4xxx). We'll I don't know but I think no one is fixing te 4xxx issues were having. We have no choice but to wait if they would even look in to it. After all, they are no obliged to help us :( Only time will tell. For now, I'll return mine and replace it with a weaker card (9400GT)

rebel6
12-28-2009, 03:42 PM
i solved my problem with this graphic card:
i installed the EVOenabler.kext and than the 4600 and x2000.kext and it works with my vga monitor

nypnyc
01-14-2010, 08:24 PM
im glad you got your card working...

could you share some more details?

are those the only 2 kexts you used? is qe/ci working?

just wondering... im working on a 4670 and i am getting closer...

rebel6
01-15-2010, 09:53 PM
yes fully working on a vga monitor
and i installed ony this three kexts i think it was first the enabler and than the other two
god luck to you ;)

MonkeyDLuffy
01-16-2010, 06:00 AM
Hey Rebel,

You got QI/CE with EVOEnabler? Maybe I should try it.

Oh btw, I got QI/CE with my Asus 4650 (I repurchased again). I should have not returned my 1st one because the trick was using VGA to VGA cable or DVI to VGA cable. So it means that the Asus only works with VGA, for now.

Using Chameleon RC4 + Graphics Enabler + edited X2000 and 4600 kext

karamatks
02-27-2010, 02:16 AM
Hey Rebel,

You got QI/CE with EVOEnabler? Maybe I should try it.

Oh btw, I got QI/CE with my Asus 4650 (I repurchased again). I should have not returned my 1st one because the trick was using VGA to VGA cable or DVI to VGA cable. So it means that the Asus only works with VGA, for now.

Using Chameleon RC4 + Graphics Enabler + edited X2000 and 4600 kext

can i do this for my ati mobility 4650 on my laptop? if yes thn plz explain me how

RazielSB
04-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi guys I just successfuly instaled my ATI Radeon HD 4650 1Gb PCIe, see the image. It's working with DVI2VGA but i have QE/CI, working without Evoenabler. I used the kexts ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIX2000Controller.kext from 10.6.2 and a boot test file, the fifth was the one who made my card working.

Mellexx
06-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Bump sorry for it, but I need to get this figured out I can't get DVI out to work at all. If I try without evoenabler It kernel pancs on the x2000 kext and with it only VGA works without QE/CI I need DVI out though, or else this card is useless and I'll have to go to my crappy 9400gt but I've got someone else who only has this card in that has to use DVI with their monitor.

Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB DVI/VGA/HDMI

rebel6
06-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Mellexx have you edit the plist list int the x2000 and 4600 kext with your graphic card id?

diggi
08-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Hi guys I just successfuly instaled my ATI Radeon HD 4650 1Gb PCIe, see the image. It's working with DVI2VGA but i have QE/CI, working without Evoenabler. I used the kexts ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIX2000Controller.kext from 10.6.2 and a boot test file, the fifth was the one who made my card working.

I have the same card as well, and can't get it to work. I think my problem is with the "boot" test file mentioned about. Where do i get this file, and where do i put it?

I am a TOTAL NOOB, and my new hackintosh is running well, except for the Graphics issue (ATI HD4650 1GB)

My card is DVI only -

I'd much appreciate, and reward someone that can help me with this.

Cheers,

Joel

mhunkler
12-14-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm having trouble as well... I'm new to this kext stuff as it seems most people are..

I also don't know where to put the boot file...

I don't know my device ID, where can i find that and can someone be a little bit more specific on how or where to edit the plist for this...

if i already installed the kext can i just delete it off the hard drive and then attempt reinstalling?

rebel6
01-14-2011, 08:35 PM
@mhunkler
you have to do two things first you download the QE_CI_Exotic patch for 10.6.5 and install it
than you go to system extensions and copy the 4600 plus x2000 kext to desktop
after that right click show package content and you open info.plist with textedit
than you go to about this mac more info and look graphic/display for your device id
than copy the numbers in to both kextes use kext helper to install them reboot and cross your fingers ;)