PDA

View Full Version : WoW problem in 10.6.2

Bansaku
11-19-2009, 02:15 AM
For some reason WoW hangs in SL for me; works great in 10.5.8 but in 10.6.X (CPU OC or not) the game will hang up needing a force restart. This happens within the first minute. Sometimes at login, sometimes after the game, sometimes at character select. Regardless, I get a max of 15 seconds of gameplay. The small spiny colour ball appears and nothing happens, it just freezes needing a hard reset. Anyone else experiencing this same problem?:'(

Bansaku
11-27-2009, 12:07 AM
FYI for anyone else who has an ATI 4870HD you will need a modified EVOenabler.kext so SL properly reports that card as 4870, not 4890. I discovered that there was a larger problem than WoW at hand. OpenCL tests crashed all the time, which got me thinking the problem is with the kext. After a little more digging deep in (other) message boards I found the solution. For convenience, I uploaded and labeled the kext to Kexts.com so anyone else who runs into this problem will have an easy solution.

JoeSchmo
12-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Not sure about your install, but I have no issue with WOW in 10.6.2 vanilla and Radeon 4870. My setup is on my sig below.

Using EnableGraphics=yes in com.apple.Boot.plist, my card is recognized correctly. Dual DVI works flawlessly. Using Chameleon and PC EFi, I did not have to install any kext for the card to work.

JS