PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo Y550 - nVidia GT 220M 1GB

akolozvary
12-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Anyone here have a Lenovo Y550 equipped with 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M dedicated graphics card? I know you guys are mostly talking about the 210s and 105s...but, I'm hoping my 240 can apply as well...(crossing fingers).

I can install the MAC OSX just fine with iAtkos. I do notice a graphical glitch though once I'm in the OS where it doesn't refresh the contents of the window I drag properly. Gets pretty funky. Also, I can't change the resolution at all. I went into nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist in hopes of being able to change the resolution, but it still doesn't work. Now with this driver support, I was hoping my card would work properly.

After I install XDarwin package and reboot...I enter the OS with a blank screen. Doesn't error out though. Not sure if I can fix this to go back to a working state or if I'm pretty much forced to start all over again.

If someone here has a Lenovo Y550, can you give me the exact steps to get this going?

I followed these steps to a tee...
"1st: Use iAtkos v7 distro of Leopard - Google it, download, burn at low rate;
2nd: Selected the following packages:
-Chameleon 2
-DSDT patch
-Apple Decrypt
-Disabler
-nVidia GT200 package
-For Sound I recomend - Voodoo HDA
-Any other packages depend on the hardware you're running Leopard
3rd:Install, Boot, fill the crap on the welcome screen.
4th:Run the XDarwin_Nvidia_Installer_V_1.1_OSX.mpkg (uploaded in previous post), Selecting Nvidia 9 series and EFI
5th:Reboot and DONE! It should be Working perfectly!"

I even tried updating Chameleon 2 from iAtkos V7 to RC5 to see if it would do anything for me. Still same results.

Also edited com.apple.boot.plist to include GraphicsEnabler

So after install of iAtkos V7, I notice that the windows don't refresh properly when I drag them in MACOSX..and after installing XDarwin, I get a blank screen once I boot into the MACOSX...I can hear the DVD drive being read constantly too.

Once I get to this point, is there a way for me to recover without having to start all over? I'm going nuts here. Hope the 240M card gets supported.

http://www.kexts.com/view/205-gt240m_%28ok...leo_10,6,2.html (http://www.kexts.com/view/205-gt240m_%28ok%29_%28_gt210mgt220m%29snowleo_10,6,2. html)

I see this out there, but this enabler will just cause the screen to go blank once I boot in. Same results as XDarwin. Since 240M is listed on kexts.com, I can only imagine that this is working for someone out there and that I'm probably just missing a step. Hopefully one of you guys can steer me straight. If I find a solution, I'll post back.

akolozvary
02-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Revised and bumping it up for more exposure