PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard on Biostar TPower I45

hac_a_mac
12-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Hello guys! I apologize for making yet another problem thread here but it's still bugging me how to bypass the error I'm having with the installation of Snow Leopard. Read on.

My hardware configuration is

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
4GB DDR2 800 MHz
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
Palit GTX 260 216SP Sonic Edition Graphics Card (the most problematic thing of them all)
Samsung SyncMaster SW2233
Seagate 500GB SATA2
Samsung DVD-RAM SATA

Actually, I have only Windows 7 64 bit installed on my system and want to experience Snow Leopard. Now since I don't have any spare computer running Leopard, I simply can't go through most of the installation processes depicted throught the internet. All I want is a Vanilla install without worrying about previous installations of Mac OS X. I tried Boot132, RebelEFI, EmpireEFI among others to get the job done but can't. The problem is although they boot the Retail disk fine, just at the phase of entering the actual installation, the whole screen goes black with NO SIGNAL. Now I know that there are some problems with GTX 200 series cards to work ootb but adding their EFI strings just works fine. But in my case, since I couldn't even start the installation, that solution is in vein.

Please suggest any ideas of getting my hardwares to work with Vanilla Snow Leopard without having another Leopard installation

hac_a_mac
12-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Anyone? :(

BTW I just saw a dedicated thread for Empire EFI has just been started on this forum. Shall I post there?