PDA

View Full Version : kexts not loading on RAID0 boot w/ SSD

orangesauce
12-10-2009, 05:59 AM
[Well, the SSD part was cheap, no different than SATA HD. I was just trying to get your attention. :-) ]

I'm booting my box off two SSD's that are striped with Apple SW RAID. I followed the instructions that come with Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658 for RAID, that worked great.

What I'm wondering about is I am seeing one, and maybe more kexts not loading:

For starters, I've noticed that /E/E does not work on the booted RAID volume, everything has to be placed directly inside the /S/L/E.
Even so, PlatformUUID is not loading at all.
Sound is not loading, even though I'm using known good combinations of DSDT and kexts for my motherboard.
Sleep is not where it was, again with the same kexts that were working before, but I'm not worrying about that at the moment.

Messages in verbose mode scroll by so fast now, I can't trace what's happening during boot.

It seems very much like figuring out why PlatformUUID is not getting loaded would be a clue on how to try setting up the other kexts. For giggles, I tried creating an /E/E on the initrd partition and seeing if it loaded, since that's where Chameleon's 'boot' file lives, but it did not take there either.

Any wise or experienced souls out there have some ideas they could share?

Cheers, O