PDA

View Full Version : SL Install Issue

mindspan
12-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I have tried pystar, boot123,Empire EFI, and several other boot cd's but no luck.
what happens is the following,

1) insert the boot cd and go to the prompt where it shows to change the SL retail dvd,
and press F5. The input then starts the install I see the start of install. It then goes
all the way to where its doing the install to a blank screen, and what sucks for me I
I don't have LOG to see where it actually is crashing or whats causing this issue.

All I can do at this point is re-strart the pc and do this all over again.

2) I used Idaneb and it actually did the install but I can't Boot in to OSX.

Please can somoene tell me if my hardware isn't ready for OSX SL

Intel P55 Chipset bios set to ACHI

dakine
12-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Not sure if I can help.

In reference to ideneb, after you installed ideneb does OSX start to load and then fail to load. Or does your computer just load your other OS without even trying to load OSX. If it is the latter, at boot-up have it boot to the hard drive that you installed OSX to.

If it tries to boot OSX, but your receive an error (or the Stop signal) try to boot OSX with the "-v -f" flag (without the quotes of course) and see what error you get.

mindspan
12-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Hey thank you for replying,

i am not dual booting at this time i am only doing SL and after install i see the white screen with Apple and it just reboots.

mindspan
12-23-2009, 05:27 AM
its my video card and audio
i changed my video card and disable audio i am able to install
but i need to know can i find somewhere a boot cd for icore 7 cpu with nvidia gtx 285 support