PDA

View Full Version : Boot Iso

mindspan
12-23-2009, 08:33 PM
can someone assist me in creating an ISO that can boot my GTX 285 on an ASUS p55 Motherboard

my issue is that i am using a P55 Icore 5/7 Boot cd that i found and its great it loads everything find except when its either injecting or loading NVHA something thats when i get a black screen and if i take out that card and put in a cheap card it goes through fine and does the install.

I am 100% certain that the kext or plist whatever it loads is not liked by the GTX 285 card and i did find a plist for gtx 285 but i am not sure how to compile an iso or even take out the nvdia kext or plist whatever it is that gets loaded with the boot cd i am using.

can someone assist...

spalek83
12-23-2009, 09:44 PM
install with the cheap card, then work on getting the better card working. you don't have to reinstall snow, just cause of the card.

ronoverdrive
12-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Try using this version of Empire-EFI: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=80GT2A0V

The problem is your Boot-132 CD probably doesn't have the 10.6.2 nVidia drivers which adds support for the GT2xx cards. Also if you already have Snow installed just update to 10.6.2 and make sure you're using GraphicsEnabler=Yes at the boot loader to inject your card's settings.

mindspan
12-23-2009, 09:52 PM
RONOVerdrive and Spalek83 I thank you both for your reply.
what i am going to do is the following i will try this bootcd that you gave me the link for and try with a new hdd. and see how far does this empire efi cd will it support icore/5/7 cpu? with a P55 mobo?

if this fails for me i will try to boot in with the cheap card and try to install 10.6.2 and then remove the card and see what happens.

Thanks

ronoverdrive
12-23-2009, 09:56 PM
RONOVerdrive and Spalek83 I thank you both for your reply.
what i am going to do is the following i will try this bootcd that you gave me the link for and try with a new hdd. and see how far does this empire efi cd will it support icore/5/7 cpu? with a P55 mobo?

if this fails for me i will try to boot in with the cheap card and try to install 10.6.2 and then remove the card and see what happens.

Thanks

Well that experimental Empire-EFI link I gave you is made specifically for your setup (P55 with i5/i7 & nVidia GT 2xx series) so it should work.

mindspan
12-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Ronoverdrive, thanks i will give that a try and will post back....

mindspan
12-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Hey Ronoverdrive the iso does not seem to boot past the F5 screen-
can you tell me another source where i can get this from?

Thanks