PDA

View Full Version : msi k9a2-cf audio (alc888)

wildwest82
12-30-2009, 10:26 AM
I was wondering if anybody has had any luck getting sound on a msi k9a2-cf (alc888) in snow leopard. I have been trying for days without success. I have searched all over and I can't find any threads about anyone trying to get audio in snow leopard on the k9a2-cf. I have attempted patching applehda using the leopard version, patching dsdt, using the azalia kext, and using legacyhda. I got sound with voodoohda but it is so extremely distorted that it is unusable even before sleep. Everything else is working perfect if I could just get sound. If anyone has a solution or even suggestions I would highly appreciate it.

Specs:
CPU:AMD Phenom x4 9850 Black Edition
MB:MSI K9A2-CF
RAM: 4 GB
HDD:500 GB
Graphics:ATI Radeon HD 4850
Audio:Realtek ALC888

Thanks in advance!

vpegado
01-06-2010, 10:20 PM
I've tried to install osx on the same motherboard + cpu for a month with no sucesss, what distro do you use and with what kexts?

petkov
01-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Probe it with Azalia Audio

BJ_14
09-01-2011, 02:54 PM
I was wondering if anybody has had any luck getting sound on a msi k9a2-cf (alc888) in snow leopard. I have been trying for days without success. I have searched all over and I can't find any threads about anyone trying to get audio in snow leopard on the k9a2-cf. I have attempted patching applehda using the leopard version, patching dsdt, using the azalia kext, and using legacyhda. I got sound with voodoohda but it is so extremely distorted that it is unusable even before sleep. Everything else is working perfect if I could just get sound. If anyone has a solution or even suggestions I would highly appreciate it.

Specs:
CPU:AMD Phenom x4 9850 Black Edition
MB:MSI K9A2-CF
RAM: 4 GB
HDD:500 GB
Graphics:ATI Radeon HD 4850
Audio:Realtek ALC888

Thanks in advance!

i have the same motherboard
the same cpu
the same graphics card
and i have 4 gb of ram

and i tried to install mac os x 10.6 an 10.7
but i can't get it working can you help me wat to do?

thanks in advance

wastez
09-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Hello,

Forget trying to get it working with AppleHDA.
I never read that someone with a amd got it working.

So the only way to get it working is to install VoodooHDA or Azalia kext.

Here is a VoodooHDA to get it working: http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=423

Donīt forget to delete the AppleHDA, also any enabler or something like that.

@ BJ_14
There is no way to install Lion on a amd in the moment because there is no kernel which is working.

silverkid
09-01-2011, 09:32 PM
you could also try tonymac's multibeast for a more vanilla approach. Here's more info: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-unified-realtek-onboard-audio.html

akimoa
09-02-2011, 04:32 AM
you could also try tonymac's multibeast for a more vanilla approach. Here's more info: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-unified-realtek-onboard-audio.html

Will not work !:-d

BJ_14
09-02-2011, 07:16 AM
does anyone know wich kexts i need for the msi K9A2 CF?
i will try installing snow leopard

silverkid
09-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Will not work !:-d

Well, it's working right now on my 4 year old AMD pc :P For me, its a lot better than the latest voodoohda because it doesn't have that annoying delay before each sound.

akimoa
09-02-2011, 12:17 PM
so u might got lucky and u are on a nvidia chipset board (on Ati chipsets we are doomed)

and the delay infront of the sound refers to wrong bootloader /kernel combination

since it is realated to the FSB detection wich was just corrected couple days ago

silverkid
09-02-2011, 09:31 PM
wow, i'm impressed :eek: i really do have an nforce chipset, so i guess that's why. thanks about the info on the delay too, my only fix was to use that pointless boom app. i'll give voodooohda another try, because i don't really like the sound assertion errors i get with applehda :p

akimoa
09-03-2011, 06:32 AM
if it is really the problem i was thinking
update your bootloader to the latest version and go for anvs Latest legacy kernel V8 R2 (http://cl.ly/3l3t163U1h2p3O2K110x) and the lags should be gone also check if AMC C1E is disabled in bios

silverkid
09-03-2011, 03:48 PM
ya i did that yesterday and i was happy because it didnt have that delay anymore. But this morning it came back... i think it had something to do with the fact that yesterday i unloaded applehda, and loaded voodoohda without restarting. Once i saw that the delay was gone i removed all the enablers and the applehda and switched to voodoohda then rebuilded caches, etc. Then this morning, delay again... Oh and about that option in the bios, i have a locked oem bios, i can only turn on or off a couple of things and AMC C1E is not one of them :(