PDA

View Full Version : please help! just want to know right kexts for extra folder on ex48 ud5

bossent20
01-06-2010, 11:08 PM
this is my last try to get some replies please. i have been to other forums but got nothing

i have 2 drives. 1 with 10.5 leopard and the other waiting for snow leopard.
i have come very close using different install m,ethods for snow leopard but always come to a problem along the way.

i first tried Digital Dreamers 2 drive installation method from 10.5 to 10.6 using the mobo patch installer. nice proccess and well thought out but also quite long and not possible to do again if i only intend on keeping one drive for mac and using one for windows (should i wish to reinstall again)

next problem is the usb mthod i tried using llifehackers guide. the guide there went great for installing from USB but then it would not boos past the cameleon screen into the OS.

im on the edge of my seat. i really would appreciate some help please. i dont come on this forum a lot asking for help.

at the moment i have a snow leopard ready for a usb install method. i prefer this method since it is fast and easy should i wish to reinstall.

problem this time however... i dont seem to be getting past the chameleon screen anymore. even using dd's install method, i dont get past the chameleon screen to go into installation.

im using the gigabyte ex58 ud5 with a corei7 920.
my gpu is the nvidia gtx 275

im not so technically minded with kexts and efi strings etc...
all i know to date is how to install chameleon, which then makes an extra folder on the USB stick loaded with kexts. but im learning slowly :)

please. a lot of you have the same mobo with smiliar or same graphics card. can you please kindly help me on what kexts i need to drop into the extra folder on the usb to get sl 10.6 installed and working

thank you

bossent20
01-18-2010, 03:16 PM
please anyone im desperate now