PDA

View Full Version : Best kext for Indtel High Def. Audio?

01-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I have used VoodooHDA.kext for some time, I have upgraded my machine to snow leopard 10.6.2 with a fresh install of SnowOSX Universal 3.6, Is there anything better than this kext?

x986123
01-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Not that I know of. I still use VoodooHDA.

Imkantus
01-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Well you can have better sound using AppleHDA.kext because it can do some cool stuff like noise disortion. Also it is more stable - I expired VoodooHDA to crash the System Profiler and to no longer work after wake-up from hibernate.
One problem with using AppleHDA is that you are limited to max. 4 out- and 3 inputs, this of course sucks when you want to use front panel and / or all sound card ports and SPDIF at the same time. With VoodooHDA you can get more ports working.
Using Line-In and MIc using VoodooHDA needs some skills - but using an AppleHDA solution even more, if you don't find some nice guy who made one specific for your equipment.

As I just need stereo output, line-in & mic I am currently very happing using AppleHDA (DSDT Inject + an adapted Legacy kext that has the correct values to make AppleHDA work) - more happy than with using VoodooHDA.

You have the choice. ;)