PDA

View Full Version : DSMOS deleted & replaced w FAKESMC - still 'Waiting for DSMOS' ?

davan
01-11-2010, 08:26 AM
I installed SL 10.6.1 on a MSI K8N Master2-FAR dual Opteron nforce4 board, first boot in verbose keeps on hanging @ 'Waiting for DSMOS...' - I deleted dsmos.kext from S/L/E and put in fakesmc.kext (same folder) - boot cycle keeps hanging with 'Waiting for DSMOS...' - how can this be - what options are available to solve this problem?

thanx

spalek83
01-11-2010, 12:34 PM
if it says facesmc is presented by netkas, in the begenning

then wait alittle longer

Imkantus
01-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Try to delete the boot-chaches.
They are stored in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.chaches folder.

davan
01-11-2010, 07:21 PM
(http://www.infinitemac.com/../../member.php?u=15391)@spalek83 - it says that, a few lines earlier than the DSMOS error, but waiting would exceed like 'forever' since it's not going any further from this point

@Imkantus - deleted those files/folders -> no change, same error

thanks for your input, any other suggestions are highly welcomed ;(

davan
01-12-2010, 03:11 AM
DSMOS error solved - indirectly (i assume)

I added JMicronATA at install, message 'Waiting for DSMOS' does still appear, but
it continues to 'Welcome' screen - in other words, solved.

Maybe this does help other individuals with the same problem.

I am currently fixing mouse/keyboard issues, since both are not working (PS2).
So therefore can't post any final success message :-/

jtillwick
07-23-2010, 07:06 PM
When you say that you added JMicronATA, do you mean the injector, or JMicronATA.kext? Also, do you have a jmicron chipset?

I am experiencing this problem on a Dell D620 with Snow Leopard 10.6.4. I have AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext and it is getting the boot device properly, but I get the Waiting for DSMOS... and it never goes away.

davan
07-27-2010, 08:08 PM
With 'added' i mean the install option 'JMicronATA injector', not the .kext separately as a post operation, from my distro install options. Hope that helps a bit.

HumpDayMusic
12-16-2010, 06:31 AM
How do you install the injector? My Hackintosh is stuck on the WAITING FOR DSMOS ... my Fakesmc.kext is in both /E/E and /S/L/E - removed Dont Steal ... .kext ... .no dice. :(