PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Get Realtek ALC889 (Non-A Version) Working in 10.6.2 via DSDT

semendemon
01-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Hello! I just came across this wonderful thread, and I have tried to patch my DSDT with the code mentioned for the Realtek ALC889 chip, as that is what my motherboard, the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7, uses for onboard audio (its little brother, the GA-EX58-UD5, uses the ALC889A).

Since it uses the same model chip as the EVGA motherboards, I believe that I can get it working on this new flagship motherboard from Gigabyte, and thus open the Hackintosh world up to people who are considering buying this motherboard. please help me to help the Hackintosh community. I will come out with a guide for this motherboard as soon as I figure out how to get audio working via DSDT, which will make my current installation a complete vanilla installation.

Just to offer you some background information, I am using the Chameleon v2.0 RC4 bootloader and have already patched my DSDT with ACPI Patcher Beta 5 (under Windows of course). I modified the DSDT that was created by ACPI Patcher with the lines of code for the ALC889 as well as replacing both instances of AZAL found with HDEF, but upon compilation with iASLMe, it gave me one error on the Codec_ID line regarding the length of the statement and 17 optimizations. As such, I removed that line completely and it compiled with zero errors, but still performed 17 optimizations.

Please help me correct my DSDT code by providing your entire code or just the excerpts necessary to make corresponding modifications to mine. Also, I still need to get my SATA and ethernet controllers working via DSDT (which both use the same chipsets as the EVGA motherboards), so I can remove my JMicron.kext, AppleIntelPIIXATA per.kext, and RealtekR1000.kext (or RealtekR1000SL.kext), and go fully vanilla.

Currently, I have the LegacyHDA.kext posted in this thread and and the vanilla AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E, and under "Audio (Built In)" in System Profiler, I have two devices showing up in the right column as "Intel High Definition Audio":

1. Device ID: 0x1458A102
Audio ID: 12
Available Devices:

2. Device ID: 0x1682AA30
Audio ID: 12
Available Devices:

Before patching my DSDT, I had nothing showing up under "Audio (Built In)" in System Profiler, so this is definitely a sign of progress. Now, I need the help of you wise InfiniteMac users to get this down perfect, as audio still does not get detected or work for me.

I would like to thank you in advance for your assistance and cooperation, and hope to hear from you as soon as possible. :)

semendemon
01-13-2010, 02:17 AM
Any answers? Someone please help me.

Cybex
01-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Try this: http://www.kexts.com/view/191-gigabyte_ga-x58a-ud7.html