PDA

View Full Version : Installations crashs directly

Hessi
01-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Hi,

this is my third installation of OSX86. On a pure Intel-System with GMA950 I'd no problems, of course. On an old P4-Sys also no problems, only solutions. ;)

But now, I want to install OSX86 on an AMD-System of my son. O.k., I thought that's a challenge, but it's a crap for real. :'(

I've tried to install iAtkos 10.5.7, iPC 10.5.7, iDeneb 10.5.8, SnowOSXInstall Universal V.3.6 and Empire-EFI-Bootdisk 58x, but get – after a short bootig with the apple-logo – this message:

panic(cpu0 caller 0x001a8ffd)
Kernaltrap at 0x003b85d1, type 14=page fault, registers:
Backtrace (cpu0), Frame: Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
No mapping exists for frame pointer
Backtrace terminated - invalid frame pointer

(SL-Inst will run into a blank Blackscreen)

System:
- Biostar NF61S Micro 754
- NForce 405
- AMD Sempron 3.000+ Palermo E6 (also SSE3)
- Realtek HD Audio
- NVidia NIC
- GF 7600 GT PCIe from PoV, 256MB, 0x0391
- 1 GB RAM
- PATA-DVD-ROM
- PATA 250 GB HDD

OnBoard GPU is disabled, also SATA. Both PATA-Devices connected to one cable on the only PATA-Connector.

I've deactivated all legacy connectors, instead of the serial ports, I need for Win and a wacom-tablet.

Any hints about startup-options? BIOS-Settings? Any other suggestions?

TIA
Best Regards
Michael

Imkantus
01-14-2010, 01:47 AM
Try an older pepatched Leopard DVD that is not using the Voodoo Kernel, like iAtkos v4a...

Hessi
01-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Hi Imkantus,

thanks! Just finished download of 10.5.2 AMD-EFI and will give it a try.

Regards
Michael

Hessi
01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Installation stops at the end with several error-messages.
I've donloaded iAtkosV4-AMD and installation is fine, :)

System boots up, but the background turns into grey, a short message from NTFS3GS appears (couldn't mount the Win-Partition), disappears automaticly and only the cursor is left. :(

I've googeled many threads, but nothing fits. Most of them means the gray screen with the apple-logo. o.k., I'm tired, but at the moment I not able to find a solution by myself. Perhaps tommorow everything looks clearer... a new fresh install with different settings? Maybe...

N8!
Michael

Imkantus
01-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Don't select to much stuff when using a prepatched systems.
It's always better to use the minimum of fixes & patches and solve everything else later. :)

Install just with "AppleSMBIOS netkas", "Shutdown Patch", "nForce SATA" & "nForce Ethernet" and maybe the ToH Kernel, as I think it's compatible with more hardware as the modbin Kernel is, but you can ofcourse try to stay using the default one. :)

Hessi
01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Yes, I know, therefore I didn't selected too much stuff. Last try I used only nForce-NIC an seleceted NVinject for the video. But it's the same result. :(

Perhaps it's a problem with the partition? OSX is installed to an MBR-HDD on the second partition. I'll try a dedicated HDD next time.

Thanks a lot!
cu
Michael

Imkantus
01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Do I get you correctly that you have the plain blue screen with just the cursor, but no Desktop loading?
If so give that fixed SMBIOS by netkas a try, it might fix that. :)

Hessi
01-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Exactly, but IIRC, I checked out netkas' SMBIOS the first time. But anyway, I'll try again. ;)

Hessi
02-18-2010, 08:07 AM
After a few weeks, I tried it again with the same result: A grey background with the mouse pointer on it. Frustrated I switched back the kvm to my main system... after round about 30 minutes... I heard the Intro music of OS X!

So far, so good, but deathforce network didn't work, also 7600 GT. Both are checked on iAktos V4a installation. I've installed the package nvinject 256 from iPC 10.5.7-DVD and it's fine. But still haven't a NIC. I'm not pretty sure, but NF61s perhaps have a RTL8201 instead of nForce-NIC on Board, but it dosen't make sense on a nForce-Board. :(

Anyway, the main problem is, that spotlight always crashes after reboot, therefore finder didn't start. Most of the programs on dock crashes also, instead of safari. System profiler works well but not the items of system preferences. :(

Any hints? :(

Regards
Michael