PDA

View Full Version : Getting OS X Snow Leopard to work with ABIT AA8 Duramax

montag
01-19-2010, 08:33 AM
I have read up on how it seems fairly easy (at least compatible) to modify my existing hardware to boot OS X 10.6.

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=AA8-DuraMAX&fMTYPE=LGA775

I have an AA8 Duramax and I just updated the bios to the newest one because the old one was five years old. It has a 64 bit Intel Pentium 4 (3.4 GHz) with hyperthreading. If possible I would like to boot a 64 bit Snow Leopard and also have hyperthreading work. This is the chipset it has.

Intel 925X / Intel ICH6R Express Chipset.
It also has SSE2 and 3.

It also has an ATI X300? (Windows actually doesn't know, it names three different cards) but it is a 256 MB Dual Dvi card and I was wondering if it would work with OSX as well. If not, no worries.

I also have 4 GB of RAM installed and three hard drives at my disposal (the one I want to put the OS on is a 40 GB 7200 RPM Western Digital).

I already loaded the Snow Leopard ISO onto an 8 GB cruzer flash drive and am now ready to edit the files on it so it will boot on my desktop. I also have a Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard and I've done all my work on that thus far. I have a liquid cooling kit on it and I was wondering how OS X does with overclocking?

Anyway I would just like to know for starters what to do now that I've successfully loaded the flash drive and I was curious if anyone has done this on a P4 or with this board.

Thanks guys, look forward to your advice.

montag
01-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Anyone know where I should start?