PDA

View Full Version : No reboot/shutdown

hecke92
01-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey mates,
I have got the problem, that my Hackint0sh does not shutdown when I click on it and it does not reboot, when I click on that.

I did have got a "openHaltRestart.kext" in HDD/Extra/Extensions and replaced it by "evOreboot.kext".
Then tried to move "evOreboot.kext" to HDD/System/Library/Extensions and also did the same with "openHaltRestart.kext".

But nothing works - I also deleted the "sleepenabler.kext" without success.

Problem:
When I click on "Shut down", my screen goes into a kind of standby (I can see the connection interrupted-symbol on the screen), but I have to power off the computer manually.

What to do?

Thanks a lot!

=)(=
01-22-2010, 10:24 PM
By Duvel300:

Hi All, after releasing my restart fix I noticed that modifying the "FADT.aml" might not that easy for all us. I came up with a much cleaner solution that will eliminate the FADT.aml file all together. The boot loader will actually patch your own FADT with the information needed for a successful restart. The 'com.apple.Boot.plist' will have to be updated and will need to contain the following key: 'RestartFix=YES'

<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>YES</string>

And copy the included boot loader to your OSX root. It is patched for both ACPI 1.0 and 2.0. I don't have a ACPI 2.0 board so I couldn't test this.

Good luck! I hope it works for everyone!

se7ent1n
01-25-2010, 10:06 PM
i do have the same problem,im just going 2 try it Now!

hecke92
01-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks mate, but are there any instructions how to install?

Imkantus
01-26-2010, 10:00 PM
/boot is a hidden file - if you are using Chameleon v2 or PC_EFI 10.x you can just delete it using "sudo rm -f /boot" and copy the new boot file to your drive.

The other files in RestartFix_v2.1.zip are just source code and should not bother you. :)