PDA

View Full Version : GUIDE Toshiba L305 Retail Instal 2.0

01-24-2010, 06:27 AM
This guide explains how to install the Retail Snow Leopard DVD on a Toshiba L305.

Things you'll be needing.

1. A Toshiba L305 Laptop.

2. A Retail Snow Leopard DVD (Not a copy of one).

3. The Latest Empire EFI disk image ( which is 1.085 as of now).

4. About two hours of free time.

5. My Toshiba L305 Kext Pack.

6. Some chocolate ( in-case you get hungry during the install).

Here is the Official Link to the Toshiba L305 kext Pack 2.0:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnuyykmnntm/00010-Toshiba L305 Kext Pack v2.0.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnuyykmnntm/00010-Toshiba%20L305%20Kext%20Pack%20v2.0.zip)

STEP 1!

Burn the Empire EFI disk image to a blank CD.

STEP 2!

Insert the Empire EFI CD into the DVD-RW drive of the laptop.
Then press the "F12" button when you see the "Toshiba" watermark.
After selecting the DVD/CD drive,The Empire EFI will now boot, once it is done booting then follow the onscreen instruction "Remove the CD and insert the Snow Leopard DVD, wait a bit and press "F5". Then hit enter, this should now load the the Snow Leopard DVD.
Next you might see a little peice of text asking you to press any key to continue, do so.

STEP 3!

Now go through the install like you would a normal Snow leopard install, By going to the "Utilities" and selecting "Disk Utility" formatting the hard disk then exit and follow the onscreen instruction.

STEP 4!

After the install finishes then re-insert you Empire EFI CD back into the DVD-RW drive and boot up once again to the Empire EFI boot menu,Use your arrow keys to select the hard disk you just installed Snow Leopard to and hit enter.

STEP 5!

Once you have created an account, It should take you to the desktop, navagate to the Empire EFI CD and open it up and click the "Post Installation" folder and open up the "MyHack Installer" and run it, but don't restart, then next eject the Empire EFI CD, and insert the "Toshiba L305 Kext Pack 4.0" CD and open up the "kext Utility Image, now you can copy the "Kext Utility" to your "Utilities" folder or just use it from the disk image, now install the kext files one at a time also installing any of the extra files with the kext to there appropriate locations, then install the Package files that on the CD to enable the "PS2" and enable the USB 2.0 to function correctly. (note when installing the "PS2" Package ignore the "Kext file not installed properly window and do NOT click OK). Repair the permissions with "Disk Utility" and add a string to your Apple.com.boot.plist file
to enable the screen to work right when you restart.

Add this to the Apple.com.boot.plist file in the /Extra folder : "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x75"

(Make sure you include ALL the quotation marks)

STEP 6!

REBOOT!

Before Rebooting you will need to Repair the Permissions and edit your boot.plist file in your /Extra folder in order to use your display correctly.
You are now finished please enjoy your HackBook.

The system profiler should recognize your system as a "MacBook4,1"

Everything works......

nikola.j
01-24-2010, 04:39 PM
OK. I've tried probably everything about my x4500, but cannot get it to work with acceleration. Can you please take a screenshot of "system profiler / display", and attach kextstat result?

thanks in advance
nikola

01-24-2010, 06:31 PM
I'll see what I can do, My laptop is in the process of a re-installation and will be ready by tomorrow, I'll post results then.

01-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Currently Sleep does not work, Should be fixed with the latest edition of the 'MyHack" Installer that has Sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.0 and above.

I will be testing this, will report back soon.