PDA

View Full Version : iAtkos V7 on Toshiba Satellite?

brendanmmelanson
01-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Hey,

So I got a newer Toshiba Satellite. It's a Toshiba Satellite L500 -02H! It's going in for repairs Tuesday, it needs new back casing and a front bezel, I dropped it. Anyway, when it comes back I'd like to get OS X on it... So here's some questions.

Here's the hardware:
4GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core Duo 2 2.2GHz
Intel Graphics, not sure what exactly.

I found this site: http://www.payless.ca/shop/Laptops/toshiba_satellite_16_inch_intel_core_2_duo_t6600_2 2ghz_laptop_l50002h__black__74_14149.html

Might help you!

1) How would I go about getting iAtkos V7 to work on this laptop?
2) Would my dial-up work? I have a dial-up connection at home!
3) What is a sure-fire way to get this installed without non-working componets?
4) Would it run OS X smoothly?
5) If I want to revert back to Windows 7, can I just pop in the recovery discs I burnt from the PC when I first turned it on to do a destructive recovery?

Thanks guys,
Brendan

01-29-2010, 05:26 PM
I have a Toshiba L305, It was fairly easy to get OSx86 on it, but I HIGHLY doubt your gonna get iAtkos on it, you need to download and burn the Empire EFI image to CD and use it to install a retail instal, thats the best way, but as far a prepatched DVDs I would suggest SnowOSX Universal 3.6 Intel Edition, Thats what I used to use on my L305 before a swiched to Retail. As for the dial-up, you may aswell forget that, and Toshiba usually uses Intel graphics, I personally have a GMAx4500 Graphics card and that was a bit of work to tweak. The WIFI is also an issue, if it is a Realtek RTL8187B then you will need my patched kext to make that work, I had to patch the kext to make my WIFI work aswell. Ethernet should work if its simular to mine, You will need Slice's Patched IOUSBFamily.kext to make you USB work and VoodooHDA.kext to make your sound work properly, and also a PS2 kext I suggest VoodooPS2.kext.

Once its working it is right solid, I dont get random kernel panics, but you will get a kernel panic if you install certain kext files that are incompatible with the system.

brendanmmelanson
01-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Alright, thanks.

So is there seriously no hope for dial-up? There's gotta be someway of getting it to work? I use it as my main internet connection until high-speed is extended to my area, which is supposed to be in the near future. However, as for graphics I'm not sure, I know it's integrated and that it's Intel and that's as far as I know.

I'll do whatever it takes to get this installed, but I'm looking for the fastest and easiest method? I've got high-speed right now, for the night, and tomorrow to download the discs I need and other things but after that I'm on dial-up again for a while. So, I've gotta get all set up and get to work!

01-29-2010, 11:28 PM
1. Download SnowOSX Universal 3.6. or Empire EFI if you already have a Snow Leopard Retail DVD.

2. Get all the hardware info you can.

3. Download the kext files you need for the hardware.

As for the dial-up internet. you can share your dial-up across a WIFI network if you connect a WIFI dongle to you desktop.

brendanmmelanson
01-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Well wouldn't that make the internet extra slow? And how do I get kexts for my laptop?

brendanmmelanson
01-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Oh, sorry for the double post. But if I want to revert back to Windows 7, do I just pop in my recovery CD's or what?

brendanmmelanson
01-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Alright, it's downloading now. Two questions:
1) Would I be able to revert back to Windows 7 if I just pop in the Recovery DVD's I burt off my laptop whenever I first set it up?
2) Where do I find kexts?
3) Is there a Windows Live Messenger for OS X Snow Leopard?

01-30-2010, 09:28 PM
First off there many places to download kext files from such as www.kexts.com (http://www.kexts.com) and The OSx86 Driver database, and others ass well, If you shared your dial-up over wifi as long as only one person is using it it shouldn't be much different then it is now, As for the recovery DVD's if you made them correctly they should work, but I dont know how you made them so I cant make any guarantees, I would check to make sure ALL your hardware is supported BEFORE installing to save you the headache of Restoring your hard disk.

brendanmmelanson
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
How do I install the kexts? & How would I get this working 100%, web-camera, microphone, wireless and ethernet, and is there any hope for dial-up? We're getting high-speed soon, not sure when though.

Here's my hardware, is it compatible?

CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6600 2.2GHz
GPU: Mobile Intel® GMA 4500M graphics
Sound: Realtek ALC272-GR Software Sound

Communication:
V.92 56K Data/Fax Modem
10/100 integrated Ethernet LAN,
Realtek Wireless LAN (802.11 bgn)
Integrated VGA Web Camera for Video over IP
Integrated microphone for Voice over IP

Would my webcam and microphone work?

Ports: Bridge Media Adaptor (SD, SDHC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Multi Media Card), 2 USB 2.0, 1 USB 2.0/eSATA combo port, RJ11, RJ45, external microphone port, headphone port, RGB

Would my memory card reader work, external headphone's too?

Thanks,
Brendan

01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
It looks like you need my Toshiba Kext Pack, I need exact model numbers to tell you if your WIFI and LAN are going to work, I know sound should work video should work, the SD slot should work the USB should work Mic should work,The camera may or may not work, the modem I still think is out of the question. And the processor will work but will need to be tweaked in order to get both CPUs working together.

brendanmmelanson
01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Okay, would you mind adding me on MSN? It would be much faster discussion. [email protected].. Please and thank-you, I really appreciate all your help!

paradox74
03-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Can you send me you toshiba kext pack???

paradox74
03-06-2010, 02:08 AM
I have a Satellite L500-02H