PDA

View Full Version : Install Snow Leopard on my Gateway MX8710 Hazard maybe kext missing?

xxxrichievxxx
02-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Hello!

I am about 2 seconds away from giving up on installing Snow leopard on my Gateway MX8710 Notebook.

http://i46.tinypic.com/1692tlg.jpg
Here are my drivers from hardware info

I have tried MANY installers and tutorials, Yet there is no success with me.

I have an external hard drive, and I am able to run Leopard on my notebook using the iATKOS v7 installer.

whenever i try making an installation I always end up with Kernel panics on bootup or that "You must restart your computer" error.

i dont think my kexts are in most of the snow leopard installers :\ how can i make my installation of hazard work? I get most of the times KP on bootup..

Right now I gave up and have only Windows 7 installed.

I need some real help. :\ Thank you!

sopwith
06-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Hallo
I have your same hardware (ICH7 family) and I was not able to install snow 10.6.x (various editions) I lost a lot of time to try installing SL without success (Kernel panics on bootup or that "You must restart your computer" error). It is likely that our hardware no longer supported. Instead I successfully installed as te iatkos v7 (Leopard 10.5.7). works fine and I worked with iwork, iLife09, MSoffice for Mac etc.. and many open source programs. For the moment I happy with Leopard. If you have new news you are thankful if I alerts
sopwith