PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] No audio and desktop locked for some minutes!

cookman
02-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Hello Forum,
I'm Gabriele. I'm new here :P

ok... I have some problems with my hackintosh. I have no sound (I've a ALC888 sound card by Realtek). I tried to install VoodooHDA that on Leopard was ok but nothing happened on SL. I tried also LegacyHDA kexts but they didn't work :(

Waht kind of kexts mus I install to have sound on SL?

Second problem: When SL start up, I can move the cursor but I can't do nothing! For some minutes the system's locked... after that I can use without problems the system. What can it be?

PS. Sometimes, when I open some windows, I have a kernel panic like this!

Please help me, thanks! I want to use my SL :( Sorry for my english xD
Hardware in signature

http://i48.tinypic.com/dhf89.jpg

Imkantus
02-07-2010, 01:09 PM
You need a device inject to use AppleHDA via a legacy/dummy kext. This can be an EFI String, DSDT Inject or HDAEnabler.kext by Kabyl.

Also you should read the realese notes before you use software, as in the case of Hazard distro it says: "AMD users need to patch cupid's with Marvin's AMD Utility"

cookman
02-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks!

I used Marvin's Utility and it has created a folder in the desktop named AMD PATCH FOLDER... I think that the utility has patched all files (I pressed PATCH ALL)

But...sometimes the system crash if I open much windows. Waht can I do?

PS. From my PC I can hear a sound like as a whistle. I think that's the HDD. What can it be? On Windows 7 I don't hear anything.

Thank you so much! :)

cookman
02-13-2010, 07:32 PM
...Hello!

Now sound works without any problem.

Can u help me with the desktop trouble? When SL starts up, the desktop is "freezed" for some minutes...then, I can use the computer perfectly. Any ideas?

Thank u so much!

cookman
04-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Hello everyone :)

I've reinstalled Snow Hazard on my MAC OS X partition. I've the same problem... when the system starts up, the desktop remains locked for some minutes (about 5, I think), but I can move the pointer, I can insert USB HDD and the system detects it. But for some minuter... nothing, the system appears DEAD. Then, I can use all the applications without problem (but sometimes I've got a kernel panic, -_-")

What Can I do to resolve this problem of the locked desktop? Please help me, I want to use SL as much as possible, I love it! :)