PDA

View Full Version : NO audio on GA-G31M-ES2L Rev 2.0 10.6.2? What is the answer?

boomerx01
02-12-2010, 05:22 AM
Hi Guys,

Running GA-G31M-ES2L Rev 2.0 with FF BIOS, Azalia enabled in BIOS.

I have tried every freaking .kext combination to no avail. Currently I have

Extra/Extensions - AppleHDA.kext, HDA.Kext, HDAEnabler.kext --- I used the KextHelper to install the Kexts. Then did KextUtility to backup and clear cache. Then disk utility to repair permissions, restart, and nothing.

System/Library/Extensions - AppleHDA.kext,HDAEnabler.kext ---- using same method above.

I am using the DSDT.aml file from the original skinn installation - not sure how I can verifiy if the HDEF patch is in there.

Any suggestions on what .kext, .aml setup I need to be using? I am now 8 hours into it and have read a TON of posts and cannot get it working.

Thanks.

boomerx01
02-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Any thoughts guys?

CeleronPopsicle
02-14-2010, 12:59 AM
I am having the same issue on the same board. The version of PC EFI i am using makes SL install the 64-bit Kernel by default. My understanding is that all of the kexts and fixes on the forums only work in 32 bit mode. I am having trouble figuring out how to install a 32-bit Snow Leopard to test the theory.

If you click on "Software" in the System Profiler, you should be able to see if your Kernel is 64-bit as well.

In the meantime, I have a Behringer USB audio interface that gives me sound output, but I would rather just use that for recording.

boomerx01
02-15-2010, 10:15 PM
I was able to fix my issues by using the new version of Pfix 2.2 and NOT using KextHelper or KextUtility.