PDA

View Full Version : Help with my laptop

needs_help
02-21-2010, 06:20 AM
Hi,

I have a few parts of my laptop not working right now. I am currently running Mac os x snow leopard 10.6.2.

1. Intel GMA X3100:
Here is how system profiler sees it.
Display:

Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a02
Revision ID: 0x0003
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

2. My card reader: It is just a standard internal pci card reader.
3. My chicony internal webcam: just a internal usb webcam (i have already tried macam which does not work)

Hope you can help....Thank You

needs_help
02-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Please...could some one help me?

nikola.j
02-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Strange that you don't have your x3100 working. Are you booting to 64 or 32bit?

As for the webcam, it may be working, but you probably need video acceleration to see the video. I have x4500, and it seems to me that this is the case as the webcam LED lights up, like it's on, but I see black square where the video should be.

needs_help
02-24-2010, 12:05 AM
ok so i always use the arch=i386 command with my boot 132 disk(whole nother story) to boot in 32 bit mode. About the webcam yes in like photo booth there is the light on and black box were the video should be. But I have used a external webcam with photo booth and it worked. About the boot 132, could you help me I have tried so many chameleon installers with so many different rc's. I can only boot the os with boot 132 and the snow leopard install disk. This is very annoying. But I have tried x3100 kext patchers and other patched kexts. When I use any of the kexts when booting, the video and after boot the video is all blocky and unreadable.

Really hope you can help. :D

needs_help
02-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Oh also my audio is not working. In my previous snow leopard install which I had audio working fine. Before reinstalling I backup the voodoohda.kext for snow leopard 10.6.2., Reinstalled, updated to 10.6.2, and reinstalled the kext and guess what...it didn't work. This really pissed me off! My audio card is made by conexant.

nikola.j
02-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Considering audio, first of all, you need to check to see which kexts are actually loaded (either kextstat or system preferences).
I had problem with LAN, because R1000 kext was trying to load first, and I was perplexed why installing proper Realtek8169 kext had no effect. When I realized that I need to remove R1000, my LAN started to work as expected.
I cannot help you about bootloaders, as I got Chameleon working at first try, using Hazard's distro.
And about the x3100, are you sure you need patched kexts? Should't x3100 just work with plain kexts? There are discussions and various solutions at insanelymac forum about x3100, maybe check there...

needs_help
02-24-2010, 04:08 PM
About the video the normal kexts cause video issues too. I have checked out lots of insanely mac guide, none working. Thanks :D

nikola.j
02-24-2010, 09:50 PM
So should i remove voodoohda or apple audio kexts

If there's no way to see the state when it worked (as you say, once it worked) you can only experiment. Move something out of kext folder and restart, see what happens, and if needed repeat for any combination that looks logical. Then try unlogical stuff :rolleyes: if needed

needs_help
02-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Thank You for the idea of experimenting...I removed applehda.kext rebooted with voodoohda.kext in place and my audio works. Video is still a muck :(