PDA

View Full Version : Laptop hardware not all working. kexts???

maaarcooose
02-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi all,

I've managed to get SL installed on an external hard disk using my laptop but I've been unable to get my internal keyboard and trackpad to work.
It works fin at the moment with an external USB keyboard and mouse.

I've tried installing a few kexts using the kext helper app, which did not work, and then installed a kext pack which hosed my install.

I've noticed from other posts that there seem to be many different PS2 kexts but I can't seem to find the one that works for my system.

Generally I;vebeen looking on www.kexts.com but are there some other sources for various kext files.

Can anyone supply me with some links to different kext files for PS2 and/or give me any other advice on what to do?

Thanks.

My Laptop is a Dell Studio XPS 1340.

!m!

needs_help
02-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Have to tried this kext? I'm using snow leopard and my keyboard / mouse works. I know my boot 132 disk had it but I can't find the kext its self..sorry...hope this helps. :)

needs_help
02-24-2010, 05:52 PM
What do you use to install them? Cuz I use kext helper b7

maaarcooose
02-26-2010, 10:05 AM
I did try the voodoops2 kext but I've still to try it now I've reinstalled. It didn't help last time and I also tried the voodoo_trackpad_ps2 kext.

I have been using kext helper b7 to install the kexts.

I guess I'm still looking to see if there is a simple list somewhere of where to find various kexts. Kexts.com seems pretty good, but does seem to have a lot missing.

!m!