PDA

View Full Version : Laptop just rebooting after '-v' on osx86!! (Asus x59sl) HELP PLEASE!!

big_joe
02-26-2010, 05:04 PM
I downloaded an Mac Os Lepord to install on this laptop. I downloaded and burnt it onto a disc, and everytime I went to put the '-v' it went down about 5 lines and then just restarted. :(
I'm currently running Windows 7.

Here are my current specs:

Model & OS
Model F5SL-ap338c
Operating Sytem Windows® Vista® Home Premium
Processor
Processor Type Intel®
Processor Speed Coreâ„¢ 2 Duo T5800 2.0 GHz
Chipset SiS 671DX+968
Memory
Memory Type DDR2 SDRAM
Memory Std. 3 GB
Memory Max. 4 GB
Memory Slots 2 x SODIMM
Drives / Storage
Hard Disk Capacity 320 GB
Hard Drive Speed 5400rpm
Display
Display Type TFT
Display Size 15.4 inches
Multimedia
Integrated Camera 1.3 Mega Pixel web camera
Graphics
Graphic Controller ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470, External 256MB VRAM
Audio
Audio Built-in Azalia compliant audio chip
Integrated Speakers Stereo speakers
Audio Details 3D effect & full duplex
Interfaces
Ports - USB 4 x USB 2.0
Ports - Video 1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
Ports - Audio 1 x Microphone-in jack
1 x Headphone-out jack (S/PDIF)
Ports - RJ11 1 x RJ11 Modem jack for phone line
Ports - RJ45 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
Ports - Other 1 x DVI Port
Slots / Expansions
Card Reader 8-in-1 card reader: SD,MMC,MS,MS-Pro,xD,MS-Duo,MS-Pro Duo via adapter
Connectivity
WLAN Integrated 802.11a/b/g/n
Dimensions
Width 36 cm (14.17 inches)
Height 3.5 cm (1.38 inches)
Depth 26 cm (10.24 inches)
Weight 2.6 kg (5.73 lb)

Please Help.

ps. I will be checking this frequently.

Thanks.

d_spice
02-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Which distribution and version did you download? iAtkos, iDeneb, Hazard, LawlessPPC?

big_joe
02-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Which distribution and version did you download? iAtkos, iDeneb, Hazard, LawlessPPC?

Thanks for replying. It was a iAtkos version 7.

d_spice
02-26-2010, 08:28 PM
No problem. When you pop the disc in and boots, hit F8 so you can enter the options

-x -v

-x being safemode, I had to use this to install both of my versions.

If it appears to stall, let it sit, its likely looking for something, and might surpass it, patience is definitely key with trying to do this, mine was tested on a number of occasions...

big_joe
02-26-2010, 08:31 PM
No problem. When you pop the disc in and boots, hit F8 so you can enter the options

-x -v

-x being safemode, I had to use this to install both of my versions.

If it appears to stall, let it sit, its likely looking for something, and might surpass it, patience is definitely key with trying to do this, mine was tested on a number of occasions...
I did this and it just restarted. I downloaded the disc from a Warez site. Could it be the disc?

I found a link for iDeneb, should I download and burn that and see if it works then?

Also, would everything work on iDeneb? (inc sound)

thanks

d_spice
02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
What might be happening is that you need to inject your chipset kext into the iso of dvd image. I personally don't know how to do that, but I believe there are instructions in the Wiki section of this site, and probably mentions throughout this forum.

I had an issue with a distro that did that to me constantly...

It's also possible that the iso you downloaded is corrupt.

I've had the most luck with the Hazard Client Server Distro for Snow Leopard.

You can download directly off a link on their site. http://www.leohazard.com

still use -x -v at start up, see where that gets you :)

You could try iDeneb 1.6, I could never get it to work, but I think its because I am on an AMD Chipset, you'll have a lot more success with your Intel Chipset

Also to find kexts for your system, check out http://www.kexts.com

big_joe
02-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks. My mac os x disc download website is down. Have you got a link to somewhere I can download the whole Snow Leopard disc via Rapidshare?

d_spice
02-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Yes the http://www.leohazard.com site has it directly on their front page, we can't give direct links on here as its against the rules of the forum.

Better yet, you could go the Retail install route, pick up a copy of Snow Leopard for $29. From what I understand all you need is the Empire EFI download and the retail disc, as well as any kexts you may need for your components. It is apparently the cleanest install you can have on your PC.

nikola.j
02-27-2010, 11:59 AM
You could try iDeneb 1.6, I could never get it to work, but I think its because I am on an AMD Chipset, you'll have a lot more success with your Intel Chipset

He is on a SiS chipset, with Mobility graphics.

I can't say it's a no go, but you'll need lots of luck.