PDA

View Full Version : post-installation problems

ToastnButter
02-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Hi!
I have managed to install iAtkos v7 (10.5) without problems; it was installed on 1st 30gb partition named Macintosh HD.
I have a second partition - called Data, and it's 200gb in size.

I wanted to upgrade my 10.5.8 do 10.6, but I didn't have a USB stick, CD preboot method didn't work, however I had an original retail snow leo disc.

What I did was installing Snow Leo to partition called "Data", I also installed chameleon bootloader on this partition, added necessary kexts and dsdt.aml, rebooted with fingers crossed, and... it worked FLAWLESSLY!

But now I need to get rid of my Macintosh HD partition (the one with 10.5). But I don't really know how - it seems that my PC boots from this partition (because i installed cham RC3 on Data partition, and had RC4 on Macintosh HD and it seems that RC4 is booting).

So I want to merge these two partitions. But I need to keep the bootloader, since there's no way of reinstalling chameleon if it fails.

Any suggestions?

p.s.
sorry if my post seems chaotic, but it's a bit complicated and i couldn't think of easier way of writing this. thanks in advance!