PDA

View Full Version : Some issues left @ Toshiba A200-1AG, Need a bit of help on removing these issues

damon_bcn
03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Hello everyone,

I've almost done it! but I've got some little things to adjust before I can say I have a true OSX86!

I installed EmpireEFI+SnowLeopard 10.6.2 and it works like a charm with this patches:

- EFI string for nVidia Geforce Go 7300
- Replaced Intel 3495ABG with BCM4321 and now it works as Airport natively
- Installed a modified version of ApplePS2Controller.kext so I can use the < key in my integrated keyboard
- Battery support with VoodooBattery.kext

Here are the three issues left:

- ALC861 working natively with volume control and headphones, but, if somethig comes out from the speakers, and it has been silent for more than 30seconds, i get a kind of POP! at the beginning of the sound (it's like it's being activated)

- Toshiba bluetooth is working out-of-the-box, but only if I am restarting from Windows 7, I guess it activates it or something...

- The cpu fan seems to keep running at the same speed it is running at boot. If the pc is cold at boot, it keeps running slow, and the cpu+gpu can get VERY hot. I installed VoodooPowerMini.kext, and I gotta say I didn't watch it running faster, but maybe it's not getting that hot...Is there any way of getting it work like in windows? (the fan adapts its speed to the cpu/gpu usage)

Thanks in advance to everyone, it'd been impossible to reach this point without your help.

Marti

sweet.fren
03-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Hello Friends

I am having Toshiba Satellite L555D
Its configuration is
AMD turion II Dual core processor M500
3 GB DDR2 RAM
AMD M860G with ATI Mobility Radeon 4100
250 GB harddisk
17.3 inch

I want to install Snow Leopard on an external Harddisk , not on harddisk of laptop .... and boot through USB ...

Which distro will be best ???

Thanks

damon_bcn
03-23-2010, 01:56 PM
any distro will be right for you man, you just choose your external drive as destination, and you can partition it as GUID! (this is the way I have it running right now)

I specially recommend iatkos 10.5.8 or EmpireEfi + Retail Snow DVD

sweet.fren
03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
I already tried Snow Leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 Intel AMD made by Hazard
But during installation boot after givin -v ( i tried many options )
it keeps on restarting :(
all this because of graphics card i guess