03-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi, new comer with support need here please:
I have a desktop with below configuration:
MB: Gigabyte EP35-DS3 Rev. 2.1
RAM: A-Data DDR2 800 1GB X4 (total 4GB)
Video Card: Colorful iGame HD4850 512MB PCI-E
Monitor: Samsung 943BWX DVI
I'm trying to change to Mac OS from Windows XP
I tried many time to install Mac OS on it, iTkos, iDeneb, Leopard, Snow Leopard, etc...........Unluckly I still failed to install it. There's always different error.

Anyone has same configuration and installed Mac OS on it smoothly? please kindly share your experience with me, many thanks!!!!!!!!

:'(

leohsieh
03-22-2010, 12:09 PM
kindly let me know if need more info about my desktop.

wickedpenguin
06-03-2010, 03:12 AM
Hi,

I have a simliar build, ga-p35-ds3l, with HD4850. The main issue i had was that I was running a DVI or HDMI, it kept booting to blank screen. I changed to VGA cable and it worked fine.

What is the error or issues you are getting?

R

wickedpenguin
06-03-2010, 03:13 AM
Hi, new comer with support need here please:
I have a desktop with below configuration:
MB: Gigabyte EP35-DS3 Rev. 2.1
RAM: A-Data DDR2 800 1GB X4 (total 4GB)
Video Card: Colorful iGame HD4850 512MB PCI-E
Monitor: Samsung 943BWX DVI
I'm trying to change to Mac OS from Windows XP
I tried many time to install Mac OS on it, iTkos, iDeneb, Leopard, Snow Leopard, etc...........Unluckly I still failed to install it. There's always different error.

Anyone has same configuration and installed Mac OS on it smoothly? please kindly share your experience with me, many thanks!!!!!!!!

:'(
Hi,

I have a simliar build, ga-p35-ds3l, with HD4850. The main issue i had was that I was running a DVI or HDMI, it kept booting to blank screen. I changed to VGA cable and it worked fine.

What is the error or issues you are getting?

R

Imkantus
06-03-2010, 12:00 PM
I changed to VGA cable and it worked fine.If you want, dump IODeviceTree into a text file using,ioreg -l -w0 -p IODeviceTree > ~/Desktop/dump.txtattach that file here & I will try to give you some ways for Inject that might result in working DVI out. :)