PDA

View Full Version : Official Toshiba L305-S5955 Leopard Installation Guide

03-25-2010, 06:52 PM
After a while I have found all the perfect kext files to get the Toshiba L305-S5955 working perfectly in Leopard, I have compiled this kextpack from my many hours of testing and trial and error, I have have had alot of issues getting it to work in Snow Leopard correctly, so now I suggest installing Leopard for the best results.

I am also looking for a solution for the lack of Quartz Extreme in the graphics kext I have found. If you know anything about how we may get this working let me know.

Things needed for the installation of Leopard 10.5.7:

1. A Toshiba L305-S5955.

2. iAtkos v7 DVD.

3. My L305 Kextpack.

My Kextpack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnuyykmnntm/00010-Toshiba L305 Kext Pack v2.0.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnuyykmnntm/00010-Toshiba%20L305%20Kext%20Pack%20v2.0.zip)

(This Kextpack is made to be universal for Leopard and Snow Leopard, Some items may not be required)

The OSx86 Tool :http://pcwizcomputer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=91&Itemid=48

So basically you start up the L305 and hit the F12 key at the BIOS bootsplash, Then you insert your iAtkos DVD into the drive wait a bit and select the option to boot from DVD/CD drive and iAtkos will start booting, Just let the Darwin bootloader count down it will boot just fine without any options of boot flags. Once at the main screen for the installation follow the onscreen instructions and open up disk utility and select the hard drive you wish to install on ( not a partition mind you) but the hard disk icon, The click the partition tab and select the number of partitions, click on "Options" and select "GUID Partition Map" and hit "OK" then afterwards name the disk and select "Mac OS Extended Journaled" as your format, and hit the "Apply" button, then it will ask you if you are sure hit "OK", After that has finished continue with the install, and hit the "Customize" button and select the following:

1. Select the USB Fix by Slice, The title is just "USB" though.

2. Select the Voodoo 9.7.0 Kernel, But the Vanilla kernel works fine as-well.

3. Select Voodoo PS2 with trackpad support.

4. Select Voodoo HDA.

5. Select the NTFS 3G kext.

6. Select the Laptop Battery option (VoodooBattery By SuperHai).

Do not select any other kext files, however there are kexts for the LAN and WIFI on the DVD, THEY DO NOT WORK FOR THE L305-S5955!

And after that continue with the installation it will last Aprox. 30 Mins, then once its over you will reboot and create an account and what not, please note that the screen resolution will be low until we install the video kext later. Now unzip the Kextpack to a freshly formatted NTFS thumbdrive, And also copy the "OSX86 Tools" Utility to the thumbdrive, Then plug in the USB drive to the L305, copy the "OSx86 Tools Utility" to your "Utilities" folder and use it to install the "RTL8187Bl.kext" thats on the USB drive, and then copy the "Realtek WiFi Utility" to the "Utilities folder as-well, Also install the Realtek LAN package, Then as for the graphics use "OSX86 Tools" to install the patched GMAx3100 kext files, don't forget to repair your permissions and restart.

Please note that you can only use the Realtek WiFi Utility to connect to you WiFi network, It WILL NOT show up on the menubar as Airport. <----As a side note I am looking for someone to fix this problem, if you know how to change the settings in the kext file, let me know....

Also do not try updating your system via Apple software update, Instead use the iDeneb 10.5.8 update package.

And thats it..... Enjoy....

Thanks.... questions and comments are most appreciated...

untypoed
04-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Thank you! I meant to post this sooner.. as in LAST WEEK. It really helped me.. and by helping me I mean you gave me everything I needed to know. I attempted Hackintosh several months ago but I failed. If you look up "S5955 Hackintosh" you may find that there is an old thread responded by idiots who claimed that Hackintosh was not going to work. They were wrong.

I also want to say that the GMA X4500 Intel graphics kext you gave does not work. Here is what I did which I got from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=173338 btw..

Once you know your device ID, download the script attached to this post, then follow these steps:
Start a terminal
type sudo -s and enter your user password
drag the script from the location you downloaded it from to the terminal
at the end of the line, add following options: -rf *your device ID* (it should look something like /Users/username/Downloads/patchX4500.bash -rf 2A42
Press enter. The command will give you some output for feedback.
Once you executed the script, repair permissions using disk utility (in Applications/Utilities, click on your primary harddrive, and on the first aid tab click on repair permissions.) This might take a while, but will make sure that your driver can be loaded.
Reboot and (hopefully) enjoy native resolution

To download the batch is on the website.. It won't attach here.

04-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Thank you as-well, I am aware of the video not working sometimes, it works, then on reboot might not work. Thank you for your feedback, I might use my L305 for OSX86 again once (or if) Quartz Extreme is enabled for that video card. Because as of now, I have stopped development on the L305 after I got everything working, but was unhappy with just native resolution.

untypoed
04-14-2010, 09:57 PM
I would like to say, I am having an issue with Itunes. The coverflow isn't showing, and so is the visualizer. Did you have this problem? Coverflow is working on Finder, btw.. just not itunes.

04-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Unfortunately, yes I did have the same problems...... Also any 3D game is not working, I could watch video fine if I upped the refresh rate in the boot.plist file.

untypoed
04-26-2010, 12:21 AM
You should add that in customization, we should select "Laptop battery". I forgot where it's at, unfortunately, but it's in Customize. It gives me a laptop battery icon on the menubar and it allows me to monitor my battery life. I just reinstalled Hackintosh after messing around trying to get the battery icon to show, I screwed up. Nice to know that I found that all along, it was in Customize. Haha. Now my laptop won't just die suddenly at Cup of Joe.

untypoed
04-29-2010, 06:12 AM
On the installation I have, there is no Vanilla. Only Voodoo.. so that is what I'm using. I would really like Vanilla. How do I go by getting that on osxtools?

polimerizar
05-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Hi everybody!

Its 2:00 AM in my country and I've just finished installing and configuring everything as explained here. Started to download yesterday in the morning and I didn't stopped until now xD

Many thanks to 00010! It is not the exact model of your Toshiba, however it's maybe cousin (but it's always from the family, isn't it? :P ) Actually my laptop is a Toshiba L305-SP6934R but everything worked fine here :D

Thanks again for posting this and I hope this can help some other people, just like me ;P

Can I ask a few questions? (hope yes)
-Is it safe to update the Mac software? I mean, I really like the Leopard as it is, but I'm scared that if I update everything goes wrong :(
-Any other updates for L305 model that you have heard? If I find anything by my side, you can be sure that I'll post it :)
Now I know there is some other people who have the same model of Toshiba and is willing to help, so I must reward the hard effort in some way ;)

For the third time, thank you!
Cheers :D

untypoed
05-12-2010, 10:24 AM
What I found for me, even with the Vanilla kernel, updating will still not worked. In fact, don't try it at all. You would have to reinstall.

I don't know how to answer the second question. :| I do hear there's a group that was working on a way to bring qe to GMA x4500..

polimerizar
05-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Well, thanks for the advice, but I did the update and reinstalled the drivers. I had to do that many times until all the drivers finally worked after the update.

However, there were some options that I lost, like the USB recognition of my pendrives or USB disks.

So, I decided to reinstall everything and now I have tri-boot in my Laptop:
-Windows Seven
-Windows XP
-Leo, my dear Leo (:

xD

polimerizar
05-13-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm re-reading my post and I think I wasn't clear.

Just tried to say that I updated successfully and without problems, however it took me some time when I was trying to install the drivers again. It took me a little more time but everything worked fine, excepting for the USB. To read contents from the USB pendrive I had to plug it in before starting Leopard. Not really something to care about. The real reason which I decided to install all again was because I installed something called myHack Installer 1.0 that rewrote the Chameleon 2.0 and didn't let me enter to Leopard again.

When you say that the update didn't worked for you, what exactly happened? And which model is your Toshiba? Just trying to compare experiences dude ;)

05-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Well personally I did not try updating, My USB fully works just as a real Macbook, I am using the Voodoo kernel on my system, the Vanilla kernel is just as stable in previous tests. As far as I know I am the only one thats working on collection drivers that work on the L305, I am also waiting on the Quartz Extreme feature as-well, currently there are no updates to my kextpack I will update it if/when the new Quartz Extreme kext for GMAx4500 comes about.

05-13-2010, 03:06 PM
You should be able to update to 10.5.8 using the iDeneb 10.5.8 Combo Update package. I can't post a link here for obvious reasons, so..I'll just say this.....Google is your friend. :D

polimerizar
05-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Have you tried succesfully to update?

It was really a mess to do the Tri-Boot in a single Hard Drive but I finally could :)

However I don't want to spend time in an update if I know it will fail or it success is not sure. That would make me reinstall the MBR many times to get Tri-Boot again.

Today I (stupidly) tried to install the Adobe Master Collection CS4 in my ToshiMac and I (sweetly) got my first Kernel Panic <3

In fact, I'm not sure if it was that the programs were too heavy or if it was a small coup that gave my laptop while it was installing. During the long installation process I had to move my computer to another place (from my house to the house of another friend), so I closed the lid and when I reached the house he found the Kernel Panic. I'm not sure and I would like to reinstall to confirm (:

When I rebooted I could boot perfectly into Leopard again, however there were missing parts of the CS4 Suite and the .dmg file that i decompressed before from those parts dissapeared o_O
Although, some programas were installed (like Bridge, Dreamweaver, SoundBooth) and were working perfectly.
I think that Mac creates something like a restore point and after a Kernel Panic it goes back to the last restore point created.
The thing is those files were saved in a NTFS partition which is the Windows XP partition and now I can't recover them
T_T

I tried with many programs to recover lost or deleted information but I failed to restore them.
The only solution: download them all again :(

Anyone of you have experiences with installing programs? If so, which ine did you installed and how did they worked?
Again, just wanting to compare experiences :P

Cheers!

05-14-2010, 02:58 AM
Well I am pretty sure the iDeneb update would work, I can't guarantee it, but you may need to reinstall kexts, I would not recommend updating anyway, iAtkos already gives you 10.5.7 anyways, Theres not much difference. But as I said have not tried to update this system so the outcome is un-certain.

polimerizar
05-14-2010, 03:55 AM
I see you use two different disks for your two O.S.: Windows 7 and Leopard, isn't it?

I have 3 in my 160 GB disk and I notice something: the time in Mac and Windows changes when I boot to anyone of them. I think that when I load Mac, the Windows time freezes, and when I load Windows, the Mac time and date freezes xD
Does that happen to you?

And thanks for the info about the Update ;)

bestdaaj
05-14-2010, 07:35 AM
i have Toshiba L305-S5902 - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HAO4OU?tag=softcafe-20 (for spec.) and i have win7 on it do you think it will work .

polimerizar
05-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Absolutely! Why don't u try creating a NTFS partition apart from ur Windows Seven and install it?

Actually your computer is better than mine hehe so there's no doubt you can run it!
:P

05-15-2010, 04:56 AM
Well I wouldn't say that, better doesn't always mean that it can run OSx86, And I do have a time problem with my eTower, it does change the time so that is it hours off, I am pretty sure that it happens on most systems, there is a kext that corrects this problem, I am gonna test it here soon, I think what it does is it makes the system base (which is UNIX) read the time and date from the bios in the same format as Windows would so that it would not be different times being read from the BIOS.But I only have Leopard installed on my L305 so I wouldn't know if there is or is not a problem on this particular machine.

05-15-2010, 04:59 AM
It sounds like the L305-S5902 would run OSx86, but it may require different kexts for the hardware, I am guessing it has Realtek network cards in it, intel graphics ( hopefully more supported than the x4500).

But thats just my guess.

polimerizar
05-15-2010, 06:48 AM
What I tried to say it's that the L305 models of Toshiba (in my opinion) can run the Leopard without problems. However, if the processor or some hardware differs, it's obvious that you'll have to get the right Kext files :P

Concerning the topic of the time/date I partially solved my problem with the most simplest I could do: synchronize the time/date with a server. However, this fails if I'm not connected to Internet.

I'm testing the 3G support pal, I found that there is an application which manages the Huawei modem (in my case) to connect to Internet. Even though the device is correctly detected and I can see that the network is detected too, I can't connect. I'm trying to configure the Network Settings to see if I get it working. If I get any results I'll post them here.

polimerizar
05-15-2010, 06:52 AM
I don't know if this is forbidden, but I found the following list of Toshiba laptops running Mac OS X. This is based on information from http://wiki.osx86project.org. (Note: not all devices work properly)

Running Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.2 (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.2/Portables) and 10.5.1 (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.1/Portables))

Portege M200 M400
Satellite A100-147 A100-784 A100-VA9 A100-813 A100-906

Satellite A135-S4667 A135-S7403 A135-S4487
Satellite A200-1CC A200-AG
Satellite A205-S4777 S5800 S5803 S5804 S5859

Satellite M105-S3004
Satellite M115-S3094
Satellite M305-S4815
Satellite P105-29722

Satellite U205-25002
Satellite U305-S5097 U305-S2813

Satellite X205-SLi1
Toshiba 3

Running Mac OS X 10.4.x (10.4.8 (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.4.8/Portables))

Satellite A100-SK9 A100-969
Satellite A105-S4211 A105-S4254
Satellite M200-A411
Satellite M30X-165
Satellite P25 S509
Tecra 9100
Tecra A7-ST7712
Tecra A8-182
Tecra M1
Qosmio f30
Portege R205-S2062

And this piece of text was extracted from this link:
Photos of Hackintosh Toshiba Laptops | Gearzap Blog (http://www.gearzap.com/blog/2008/07/photos-of-hackintosh-toshiba-laptops/)
If this is incorrect to do in these forums, excuse me. You can delete my post, no problem ;)

05-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the info, That info is allowed here, you just can't link to actual copies or downloads to OSx86 ISO or images or Torrent sites, you can however link to kext files and the like.

polimerizar
05-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone!

Now I can really say that my Hackintosh is fully working (:
There were some things that I couldn't get working but after some googling everything gets more clear :P

Well, I feel that I must post my research (even if I'm saying things you may already know):
-Get microphone working
As you may already know, in Mac there's only one hole for Audio/Mic. In the package that 00010 provided there's a Kext whose name is "VoodooHDA" and is supossed to make the microphone work. However (and I still don't know why) that Kext didn't work for me.

So, I decided to Google for another solution and I found this:
VoodooHDA - Get Microphone and Audio In working on your Hackintosh! (http://thireus.dareyourmind.net/index.php/notebook-macos-hacks/13-get-microphone-and-audio-in-working-on-your-eeemac)

You download the Kext files with the Prefs Pane and install them just as you did before (obviously read the instructions!). You restart and you should have your Mic working correctly (:

That helped me a lot to use Skype or to make some recordings I needed.

I have to go now, but in my next post I'll try to explain how to make working Hawuei 3G modems, which are used to connect to Internet and need a specific Application to get them working.

Until then,

Cheers! :D

polimerizar
05-25-2010, 03:27 AM
As I promised, here I go with the info on how to connect a 3G Modem (worked for me and my Huawei e220 modem). Actually it's really simple, you go here:

http://www.novamedia.de/index_e.html

And download the program, install it and read the manual to see how to configure it. You have to provide this data:
-APN
-User
-Pass

You fill the info and that's it! :D

Hope I helped someone xD

And BTW, I have to ask if there is anything new about the Mac Software in our laptops? Have you (00010) resolved the problem of the graphics? Sometimes when I want to enter to Macintosh, the screen goes blue and gets frozen.
I have to restart until I can get in :S

CheerS!

mrb0908
03-09-2011, 02:37 AM
Everything is working except the wifi which is a big problem for me. The driver freezes and doesn't seem to do anything. I would like to know if there is any way you could help me. ASAP

Thanks,

Mike