PDA

View Full Version : Help please - Dual display for 7300 GT / 10.6 Retail

jmp909
03-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi

I've managed to get my Leopard 10.6 retail install running using LifeHacker's tutorials
(http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow-leopard-on-your-hackintosh-pc-no-hacking-required), basically using a USB with Chameleon Boot loader

His setup is a bit different than mine (I have a Asus P5K-E WiFi/AP) but I managed to get into Snow Leopard with my Keyboard, Mouse, and Basics Graphics Driver working

since then I have managed to also get the Ethernet working (but not the Wireless - which i'll save for another post)

But what I really want to do is get my NVidia 7300 GT Dual Monitor PCI/VGA display working. I've seen several posts around regarding NVEnabler/NVInject etc/OSX86Tools but I don't know what exactly I need to do. Fassl sent me a plist file but I can't seem to get the NVEnabler 64 kext to load properly... I am running in 64bit mode by default. Strangely the kext seemed to load once but I don't know what i did for that to happen. I've been using Kext Utility to install Kexts which I believe should set my permissions & clear caches etc for me. I've also seen posts that mention putting device ID in several places - I don't know if NVEnabler etc removes the need for this, or if there is some standard procedure I still need to follow.

Also when I go to my display properties currently, there are no options on the right (Detect Display, Sliders etc)... just a select box on the left with 1280x1024 on it, but I guess this is a problem with the current driver i've got

i've added GraphicsEnabler="yes" to my boot plist but i'm not sure if i'm meant to do this with NVEnabler.

I'd be grateful of any help getting this setup working.... currently it just shows the same display on both monitors, it's not recognizing there are 2 independent monitors or giving me options to change settings

regards
J

lemonsoda
03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Hello JMP,

I would first recommend that you find out what the actual NVCAP value is on the GPU. If you have windows installed, get hold of a version of nvflash and backup the bios file (you can get a veriosn which you can run under windows 32 and 64 bit os's)

Nvflash 5.67 works on 32 and 64 bit systems

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1222/NVFlash_5.67_for_Windows.html

Open the bios file under osx using NVCAP Maker to extract the NVCAP value.

You can then add this to NVEnabler's info.plist (make sure you repair permissions after editing) or you can try to add the graphics card to your DSDT (preferred method)

Try to get hold of EVO's DSDTE software. This will show you the correct modificaiton to make to your DSDT (make sure you include the found nvcap value in the mod)

Another thing i heard is that Netkas ATY kext should work in 32bit.

DSDT mods will works with both 32 and 64 bit kernel modes.

Good luck!!

Lemonsoda :cool:

ps dsdte will not work properly on 64bit kernel (io registry explorer section anyways)

Also not sure if you will need to mod any of the other NVIDIA kexts for 7xxx series to work.

I was also told that as of 10.6.2, 7xxx series are no longer supported. One guy, PCJ says he got his AGP 7300 card working with a custom DSDT fix on 10.6.2. However, I have not looked into that myself.

Are you running AGP as PCI?

Also if anyone can help to clarify the best fix for this guy, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

jmp909
03-26-2010, 03:26 PM
thanks i will try that when i get home

am i running AGP as PCI.. i couldn't say... how can i find out please?

thanks
j

pcj
03-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Hello JMP,

I would first recommend that you find out what the actual NVCAP value is on the GPU. If you have windows installed, get hold of a version of nvflash and backup the bios file (you can get a veriosn which you can run under windows 32 and 64 bit os's)

Nvflash 5.67 works on 32 and 64 bit systems

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1222/NVFlash_5.67_for_Windows.html

Open the bios file under osx using NVCAP Maker to extract the NVCAP value.

You can then add this to NVEnabler's info.plist (make sure you repair permissions after editing) or you can try to add the graphics card to your DSDT (preferred method)

Try to get hold of EVO's DSDTE software. This will show you the correct modificaiton to make to your DSDT (make sure you include the found nvcap value in the mod)

Another thing i heard is that Netkas ATY kext should work in 32bit.

DSDT mods will works with both 32 and 64 bit kernel modes.

Good luck!!

Lemonsoda :cool:

ps dsdte will not work properly on 64bit kernel (io registry explorer section anyways)

Also not sure if you will need to mod any of the other NVIDIA kexts for 7xxx series to work.

I was also told that as of 10.6.2, 7xxx series are no longer supported. One guy, PCJ says he got his AGP 7300 card working with a custom DSDT fix on 10.6.2. However, I have not looked into that myself.

Are you running AGP as PCI?

Also if anyone can help to clarify the best fix for this guy, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

sorry, my graphics card is AGP 6200 256M, if Geforce 7xxx,6xxx need working on 10.6.2, need to replay all nvidia kext back to 10.6.0, cause 10.6.2 nvidia kext will KP on 64bit!

jmp909
03-27-2010, 08:27 PM
i managed to get my NVCAP from rom

but i don't really know what to do with it or how to to use the DTST software (I got Evo's DTSTE)

I've tried putting it in NVEnabler and NVInject but i just ended up with either blank blue screens, or both monitor displays switching off

Most likely I could have done something wrong. Currently I am trying to run in 64 bit although it may make sense to load as 32.

thanks
j

jmp909
03-30-2010, 07:00 PM
sorry, my card is PCIe