PDA

View Full Version : dell d630 gm965 dual display

scuffe
04-06-2010, 08:26 AM
So on a good note My D630 is almost 100% working. Sound is working with VoodooHDA, Wifi and wired networking, sleep seems to work, usb is ok. My display is working at about 65%. I can boot using the laptop displays at native resolution (1440x900) with qe/ci working as expected. If i connect a screen to the VGA out on the back of the laptop it doesn't seem to be detected at all. I have a dell standard dock and when i boot it up on the dock the bios, post screen, and the apple splash screen (gray screen with apple) all show up on the screen attached to the DVI port, but once the desktop shows up it's on the screen attached to the VGA port and the laptop doesn't detect the DVI screen.

So what i would like to get working is having the DVI and VGA port work when i'm docked. I can sacrifice the VGA port on the back of the laptop as long as the laptop screen works. After i installed i was getting a blank screen on boot unless i used the chameleon cd and booted into safe boot. I found a DSDT file that someone had posted who was having the same problem and that seemed to fix the laptop screen but didn't change anything when docked I still only got the VGA screen and nothing on the DVI. I've tested removing the custom DSDT and when docked i still get the VGA screen but no DVI.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can provide any files or device information that i've used so far if anyone has any ideas of what i should do next.

Thanks!

lenkyroy
10-20-2010, 02:31 PM
how did you get your gm965 chipset to work?

elim
01-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I like to know how to install OS X on it. Would you give me some advise? Thanks a lot