PDA

View Full Version : Need new Nvidia Graphics Card.. could use help picking one out.. pretty plz :)

haze295
04-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 8600gt in my system and after a much needed tax return, I really want to upgrade my video card to a newer Nvidia (due to ease with Mac compatibility). I have not looked into cards since the 8800 series (truly sad I admit), and I have no idea what is new on the Nvidia line. I have a top budget of $200.00 for a card and I would be forever greatful if you guys could point me towards a card that works well with Mac as well as PC.

I have a dual boot windows 7 / 10.6.3 Vanilla with Chamel/PCEFI. Everything is 100% working and currently my video card is running through injected boot string, rather than calling EFI to get it up and running (I don't know if their is an advantage to either way on this).

About 4 months ago I was looking at the Nvidia 260 1GB series on New Egg which was around (150.00). Given 4 months has past, I am wondering if there is a better option out there now within my price range that's great for Mac and compatible with EFI / String injection.

I can't thank everyone enough for such a great forum and any help is greatly appreciated. :)

UPDATE:
I was thinking about picking this one up (no OC) and wondering if anyone has used it on Mac yet or if it will be compatible.

BFG Tech BFGEGTX260MC896OCDE GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143189