PDA

View Full Version : Not working with VoodooHDA: ALC663

nfshp253
06-11-2010, 02:24 AM
I've installed VoodooHDA to activate sound on the ALC663 but it doesn't work. I've edited by following this post (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219591) "Replace "IOPCIClassMatch" key/string with "IOPCIMatch", "0x3b568086" in VoodooHDA.kext's Info.plist. That's the specific DEV_ID/VEN_ID for the Intel HDA controller. SL already sees/knows about the ALC663." There is a volume icon on the taskbar at the top but I can't adjust the volume. Opening VoodooHDA in the Preferences Pane will only give sliders for PCM and iMix but there's no audio at all. Reverting to the original untouched VoodooHDA will give an error: Can't get registry-entry path, then showing the adjustment pane with an Error below the phrase "VoodooHDA". Attempting to close the pane will give another error: Can't open IO Service and then System Preferences will crash.

Can someone knowledgeable please assist me?

endoftheshow
06-28-2010, 02:29 AM
Uninstall all audio kexts excluding the vanilla kext that are installed by the sl dvd. then download the latest voodoo kext from osx86/files, google it, and install kext manually using kext utility found at kext.com. Do not use the voodoohda install pkg you will get an error and it audio will not work. kext utility will rebuild cache as it installs kext so no worries about repairing permissions or runnin pfix. sound will work instantly. have fun dude. hope this helps.