PDA

View Full Version : GEForce 8400 GS driver- There's a glitch in Terminal application. How do I fix it?

didoamerikaneca
07-19-2010, 07:54 AM
I was trying to install a driver and I needed to access something in the Terminal. It was a driver for a NVidia GeForce 8400GS. I needed to type in "sudo -s" and then type in my password. The problem is that the Terminal refuses to allow me to type any letter or number at that point. I can still press enter, control, alt, shift, whatever. But not any letter or number. I can't past into the field either.

I am used iAtkos v5i to convert my computer, so how can I fix this? Can I at all? Is there another way to get the driver without doing this?

Thank you ahead of time.

cynargo
07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Just type in your password and press enter. Terminal doesn't show it, so no one can read it.

PingunZ
07-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Also, for the 8400 GS you can just use graphicsenabler instead of an extra kext :)

didoamerikaneca
07-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Thank you guys for your replies! I really appreciate it, but I'm new to this and thus I don't know how graphics enabler would work. As in, what would the process be, to use it, considering I had already tried an extra kext?

Once again, thank you ahead of time!