PDA

View Full Version : What happens during BaseSystem verification?

benzene
01-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi there, i installed lots of times many Tigers on quite a bunch of different machines and was always,
after some trying able to spot the problems i got during installation.
But not with Leopard.
I am stuck on installation right with the first package to install and the apple installer doesnīt give me any clues
about what excactly the problem is.
It stops with an installation failure window stating that the Base Package failed to verify and thats all.
Installer log says much the same .
A file i/o error canīt be the reason the disc is okay and has been checked several times.
In some other forum i read that this problem can also occur on real macs when installing leopard because of the use of non apple compliant
ram chips, but this has not been proofed.
Am i the only one with this problem?

benzene
01-20-2008, 12:25 AM
It might be a good idea to menton some system specs:
Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
ASUS A8n-VM-CSM nforce430
XFX 7300gt 256mb
pATA HDD
The system worked perfectly on tiger except sata which i made working with a cheap usb fix.

naquaada
01-20-2008, 01:11 AM
Me and a friend had this problem too, me on an empty SATA disk, he on IDE. After I reformatted the partition selecting 'Overwrite with zeroes' it worked. I think the error appears because MacOS checks the integrity of the BaseSystem package. If it wan't completely copied and/or has any kind of problems it's to understand why the installation says failed.
Tell about your system specs, how DVD and HDs are connected and partitioned.

benzene
01-20-2008, 02:20 AM
Thanks for your help

My HD is primary master, one partition only for osx.
DVD is secondary master. This setup is choosen since the pc is intended to be used only as a osx machine and to prevent waiting for root device
problems.
Nulling the hd doenīt help, iīve tried it out 10 minutes ago.

benzene
01-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I think i tried every possible combination now..... no luck.
Maybe itīs because of my nforce 430 chipset? has anybody tried it on that?

naquaada
01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Tried to burn another DVD, maybe in lower speed?

zephyroth
01-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Don't waste your dvds ... Restore the ISO on a partition and install Leopard from it !