PDA

View Full Version : DSDT breaking sleep?

mrintegra
03-26-2011, 04:08 PM
I have a 99% working Optiplex 755 SFF running Snow Leopard 10.6.6 with everything working except for sleep using a retail DVD along with iBoot CD method. Could something in the DSDT be affecting the sleep? I have installed SleepEnabler for 10.6.6 but I return only to a black screen after trying to wake the computer. Would someone please be so kind enough to take a look at my DSDT file and let me know if there is anything that can be modified to correct this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Dell Optiplex 755 Specs:
Intel Q9450 Quad Core
Nvidia Geforce 420 OEM
3GB DDR2 800 PC26400
Toshiba 128GB SSD

mrintegra
03-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Let's up the ante. I will send $5 via Paypal to whoever can help make corrections to my DSDT and also help fix the sleep issue. ;)

sanssome
03-27-2011, 11:31 PM
I wish I had something offer, but I too am in the same boat. Using TonyMac's installer and a EFI string for my nVidia card I have everything working perfectly on this machine except sleep. Mine actually enters sleep, but there's no way to bring it out of that state.

sanssome
03-28-2011, 02:42 AM
BTW...i found there is a fairly recent version of sleepenabler.kext out there and this does work, but in my case I receive a kernel panic in AppleIntelE1000e.kext when it wakes up. I had to go in and delete the sleepimage to get it to boot. Haven't found a way around this problem yet.

mrintegra
03-30-2011, 02:18 PM
That seems like some good news that you have managed to figure out one of your kext is causing a kernel panic. How did you go about obtaining that information and which SleepEnabler.kext are you using?