PDA

View Full Version : video program

bhast2
03-14-2008, 06:33 AM
what is a good program to burn avi files
i have tried toast but it cause kernel panics and makes the screen black and tells me to restart by using the power button
so if anyone knows a good working programs to burn these file
it would be very helpful

thanks
bhast2

and yes i have used google for about two days now i have been all over google

gaz919
03-14-2008, 06:39 AM
After installing toast you need to fix the cpuids with marvins utility, its in the utilities folder in applications.

Do a search to find out how to use it.

good luck I use the latest version of toast no problems

bhast2
03-14-2008, 07:35 AM
could someone give me a step by step way to use marvins utility on toast cause i can't find how to do it
and when i run it, it says that it didn't find anything that needs to be fixed or it has errors

help please

Ianxxx
03-14-2008, 07:58 AM
alternative program for writing cds/dvds
Burn
and its free

gaz919
03-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Run The fourth option on the main install drive, it should come up as /
this will check the whole drive for cpuid that are not amd yet. will take 10mins or so
There is a whole list for toast.

After you can check the cupid file and see the cupid that need to be patched.

Then run number three option patch, pick the cpuid file made in step 1 and pick the main drive again as destination.

If it fails to patch due to errors, check the log and remove the lines in the cpuid file that caused the error.

Then run patch again, keep removing the errors from the cupid file that turn up in the log and rerunning the patch
untill it runs successfully.

It will work once you remove the error file lines from the cpuid file

After success there will be one toast item it can't patch, an error that needs removing from the cupid file. Don't worry if it can't patch it it doesn't need patching.

WinLinMac01
03-14-2008, 09:52 PM
use dragon burn, :D

roisoft
03-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Liquid CD (free)

gaz919
03-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Toast isn't so much about burning, its mainly good for mounting iso's so you don't need to burn

bhast2
03-15-2008, 11:14 PM
thanks for your help gaz919 Toast is working great now

Ok I take that back it gives kernel panic when encoding a video it happens around 60% of the encoding

how do i find out what is causing the panic???
thanks