PDA

View Full Version : AsRock G31M - VS2 with Snow Leopard 10.6.6

reyrodriguez
04-07-2011, 03:52 AM
Ok... more time went by, and I have to say that my whole experience with OS X x86 has been GREAT!

Now I'm working on a new AsRock G31M-VS2 motherboard, which works almost a 100% fine with iAtkos Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I read in the forums so I disabled the legacy USB in the BIOS and install went just fine.

I even installed all Pro Apps without any problems at all and Adobe CS4.

Retail Install

I downloaded the new nawcommodCD and gave it a try, (EmpireEFI didn't do the trick), Install went a little shaky at first with kernel panics just on boot so after a whole night, I realized that I needed to install the nawcom legacy_kernel... after that it all went downhill. It boots right from the HD got QE/CI.

Steps:

Boot from the nawcombootmodCD hit enter (default boot)

Swap the bootcd with the OS X Retail install DVD follow the steps to install

Reboot with the bootcd again (default boot once again) then choose to start from de HD and once you're in the desktop, install the legacy kernel with multibeast and all of the necesary kexts.

Reboot... should start from de hard drive... enjoy!

Installed VIAŽ VT1705 Audio Codec kext in kexts.com and deleted vodooHDA to prevent freeze upon startup. be sure to configure 16 bits in applications > utilities > midi to avoid crackling sounds at medium to full volume.

I installed kexts for my USB wireless card (Linksys WUSB54) tweaked some lines with terminal and got the wireless internet really fast, the on-board Realtek 8102E also works with kext from Realtek site.

Then proceeded to install all Pro Apps Starting with Final Cut Studio 3 - Final Cut Pro 7, Motion 4, Color, Sound Track Pro, DVD Pro and some other Apps.

Final steps, downloaded the 10.6.6 combo update from Apple's site, installed... crossed my fingers, it just booted right back, so now I'm proud to write from MyHack with Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.6

AsRock G31-VS2
Intel Core2Duo @2.0 GHz
1 GB RAM
ZOTAC nVidia 7300
1 320GB Sata disk OS X
1 160GB Pata disk W7